By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - In the end, which is more important....Hardware or software sales?

The Wii 3rd party announcements happening now tells you that better hardware=better 3rd party software. Same with the Ps3.

But, the 360's sales are so pitiful in Japan, but it is getting TWICE the rpgs than either the Wii or Ps3, so I don't know what's happening anymore. I guess the 360 is the exception in the rule.

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius
Around the Network

a) profit
b) profit
c) entertainment

daactualfact said:
The Wii 3rd party announcements happening now tells you that better hardware=better 3rd party software. Same with the Ps3.

But, the 360's sales are so pitiful in Japan, but it is getting TWICE the rpgs than either the Wii or Ps3, so I don't know what's happening anymore. I guess the 360 is the exception in the rule.

People continue to underestimate Microsoft's pocketbook, their willingness to open it, and their willingness to work with companies.

Has anyone here ever heard a developer say something bad about Microsoft? I haven't. They're notorious for helping developers (both gaming and nongaming), being willing to add support, playtest, trouble-shoot, etc. That goes a long way for companies and it's not surprising given MS's history as an OS developer. They're used to setting up that kind of information & support network to aide third parties.

Add in a little helping of cash, a strong Western presence, a Japanese developer community in full-on panic mode because of the Wii and DS, and you have a pretty good explanation why MS is getting these games. It involves a lot more than moneyhatting, though I'm sure that helps a fair amount.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

A) Both for Ninty, Software for Sony andd M$
B)Software all the way
C)quality and quantity of the games on our systems of choice I would hope?

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

software is the most important,but high sales mean highsales for hardware