By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft coping the Wii, The end or a new beginning of the xbox360?

if this new wii-mote-copy comes package in with every future system and games use it it will be big. Microsoft will just have to make games that use both controls and people can use it if the want or not... that will be huge..... i think.... all depends on the games tho and if the controller is bundled with the system..... add ons do not sell well at all....

Around the Network

Once microsoft have finnished they would have milked all there fanz for 1000

Pretty sure any copy cats (Sony's rumored motion controller, 360's avatar system, Activision's Balance Board) will do very little but reinforce the notion that Nintendo has won and everyone else is now copying them.

But I do look forward to those rabbid few insisting that, now that [idea x] is on their system of choice, their eyes of have been opened, and now they see why Wii mote/Miis/Balance Board are so awesome. "I used to hate the notion of Miis, but suddenly, I see why it's so great!"

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

I like the idea of avatars
Xmote=BOO! Everyone initially accused Sony of copying Nintendo with sixasxis, which was their controller at launch. If Microsft comes out with a motion controller now, it will be painfully obvious what they have done...

its not like the miis themselves are very original... and theyre fairly hideous.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network
RAcCoOnErOuS said:

Since There are  rumors of "Avatar", and the Xmote...could this be the end or a new beginning of the Xbox360..

Ok ok Don't flame me, but i very believe that if Microsoft does try to copy the Wii, by Motion controlls and Miis i do believe Microsoft is going to go even more down hill, and will Boost Sony sales up..

Discuss?

Even though Microsoft is trying to expand the range of it's library they still have Bungie and many third parties to fill the hardcore gap so there isn't a problem.

Honestly I feel rather meh about all that.

There's one thing I reeeally like about the Live service... no fluff, no crapola 3d waiting rooms, it's all straight for the function it was created and reasonably quick. The day I have to wait in a 3d barbie house for people instead of a quick match at whatever bazaar game that day Live will be over for me.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

^^LOL, nice. I agree completely Mr. Frogs. The release of this controller will likely have little affect on anything, positive or negative. The SNES still did well even though the shittiest peripheral ever made was released for it.

The only reason I was ever interested in the wii was the motion controls. Sadly, all wii games don't deliver nearly as well as they should (mostly in function). IF the x-mote is real, you really can't jugde it yet. Since it's crappiness or awesomeness hasn't been proven yet.
If the x-mote is the same as the wii-mote, I will be alright with that, just as long as the majority of the games aren't data design published, and the controls aren't tacked on.

Even the game selection would be more my taste. I thought that the wii would feature several fps's because the wii-mote itself. It's begging for a good fps (metroid is not my bag) So far, all I see are medal of honor, and COD 3. (possibly some others)

Don't get me wrong, the wii has some good games, but even some of its best ones still have an option to use the gamecube controller.

There has just been alot of wasted potential.
Hopfully, if the x-mote IS real, alot of its potential will not be wasted. I am really doubting MS could make it good though.

Please, don't judge it until some games are released for it.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

rip hardcore gamer :(