By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - does MGS4 have better graphics then crysis?

Hmmm I wonder should I send my kid to college or get a PC that can run Crysis on full?
We'll looks like Jimmy is gonna have to forget about law school. I'll just buy him a DS.

Around the Network

crysis has better graphics

/thread

Leetgeek said:
Hmmm I wonder should I send my kid to college or get a PC that can run Crysis on full?
We'll looks like Jimmy is gonna have to forget about law school. I'll just buy him a DS.

Super smash Bros Brawl looks better than MGS4 because you don't need a $400 PS3 to run it.

God Of war 2 looks better than Super smash bros brawl because you can run it on a $129 PS2 and the Wii costs twice as much...

Solitaire looks better than God of war 2 because you just need a PC to run it...

Noughts and Crosses looks better than Solitaire because you don't need a PC to run it....

Tease.

Can someone please post in game screens from Crysis running on Low, Medium, High and Ultra High settings separately, so we can see the difference.

I seriously doubt Crysis looks better than MGS4 on Low settings.

But prove me wrong!?

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

This is not a question of money. The title doesn't say: Does MGS4 have better graphics then Crysis run on a $500 PC.

This is a question of technical achievements. Crysis wins without an effort. However, I do appreciate the art style of MGS4 better, but that is just an opinion.

Now, if MGS4 comes out on PC, we can run a better comparison.

No foreign sky protected me,
No stranger's wing shielded my face.
I stand as witness to the common lot,
survivor of that time, that place.

- From 'Requiem' by Anna Akhmatova

Around the Network

FOR THOSE WHO SAID THAT FAR CRY 2 WILL RUN WITH 15 FPS ON PS3, TAKE THIS:

The PS3 fits Far Cry 2 like a glove

When Ubisoft Montreal first set out to bring Far Cry 2 to the PS3, they braced themselves for the worst. After all, they too had heard the rumblings from other developers that the console was a headache to develop for. However, once they dug a little deeper into the mysterious black box, they soon found that, just maybe, the PS3 was literally made for a game like this.

"As we started R&D on PS3, was that the hardware architecture had a very nice fit with some of our technical design decisions. We were positively surprised by how efficient the SPUs (the Cell processing units) were to do such things as run our vegetation simulation, our animations or our physics systems. So while it did require quite a bit of R&D to understand how to use the system correctly, once we started having results we saw that it was a very capable console and that FC2 could run on it."

But the praise by Tech Director Dominic Guay didn't stop there, and wouldn't you know it -- he even mustered praise for Sony's decision to use the high capacity Blu-ray format. More on this, after the jump.

"The hard drive and Blu-ray are making our life easy considering FC2 is an open world continuously streamed around the player. That streaming bandwidth and disk space is very appreciated. So, in terms of AI, game structure, physics, dynamic time of day, open world gameplay, dynamic weather system, destructible vegetation, all of those things where we had really pushed the envelope technically, they run well on PS3."

Match made in heaven or not, Dominic still feels that a top-end PC is still going to offer the best Far Cry 2 experience. Nonetheless, isn't it great to know that developers are increasingly coming to terms with the PS3's architecture? The days of rationalizing that expensive hit to your checkbook are pretty much over now.

http://www.destructoid.com/the-ps3-f...ve-69653.phtml

Guyz please excuse my bad English.

So...as you can see, the ps3 is as good as a top-end PC, but the developers don't really know how to use it at it's full capacity. Remember that the best PC made in the entire world uses the PS3's processor...link here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_Roadrunner and the memory that the ps3's video card (RSX) uses is XDR (also named Xtreme DDR)...that combines DDR 2 memory with GDDR 4 memory and it is better than DDR3...link here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XDR_DRAM
and here: http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2007/10/05/forget-ddr3-fastest-dram-xdr

Also notice that THE CELL (the ps3's CPU) is capable of rendering graphics ALONE, without the video card...link HERE: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/80704.html

So PC fanboys, as you can see, the PS3 is waaaaay more better than almost any PC that you can buy for now.

^Yeah sorry but quoting or putting links without knowlegde shows nothing, and no the PS3 is not good as a top-end pc...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

It will take more time till the developers will learn to use the ps3's full capacity.
The developers of MGS 4 used all the power that they LEARNED to use from the ps3. All the components that the PS3 has is part of THE NEW TECHNOLOGY that will be used at it's full potential...in 2 years or so. You will see...

davygee said:

Can someone please post in game screens from Crysis running on Low, Medium, High and Ultra High settings separately, so we can see the difference.

I seriously doubt Crysis looks better than MGS4 on Low settings.

But prove me wrong!?

WTF? Why? If MGS4 was on PC it would have low settings to. You compare Top settings on Crysis to MGS4 - simple. And dont say but theres a price difference.PS3 £350. 1080p TV £1000 = £1350Crysis running PC on top spec = £980