By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict each console's sales during mgs4 week.

daactualfact said:
leo-j, you mean 60k-70k. The ps3 won't sell pass 70k in japan at all. The psp is still doing that.

ORLY?

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=29906

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network
leo-j said:

PS3: 350k
Wii: 320k
XB360: 120k

I know for a fact that the PS3 outsold the wii in JAPAN at the least, wii sales average 45k in japan per week, the PS3 has pulled of 50k at the least the day MGS4 came out.

all 50k being the bundle, so it should be 60-80k for japan hardware when it comes to the PS3.

wow, seems like his predictions will come true because PS3 sold 77k in japan

After seeing Other's sales, I'm a bit disappointed. America should be AT MOST 30k ahead of Other's sales.

At least Japan will make up for Other's somewhat lacking hardware sales.

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius
Oyvoyvoyv said:

Wii.

Well - during Wii Fit launch in America, Wii sold 324K there.

At GTA IV launch, it sold 412K.

I suspect that it will be lower than both those, as we have seen a sort of "uptrapping" lately.

Weekly Wii sells more and more in the big weeks, and then had a boom, before tripping down again.

Normally the up week is twice of the down week, so I'll say about 230K.

Others: The boosts here are minimal from supply. Normal is around 150K here, so that seems fair, as I see little reason for increase there.

Japan: Wii is in a decreasing period, just as Ps3/360, and shouldn't have a big boost, so 40K.

Worldwide: 420K.

Ps3:

America:

Ps3 peaked at 99K in GTA  launch. Now there's already 70K bundles, and an estimated 30K boost on normal sales, so 150K.

Others:

Sold over 200K with GTA. Has  had huge stocks, and sold out. It's bigger than GTA IV, so I'll say 250K

Japan:

Japanese love bundles. MGS is selling huge over there (at least for a Ps3 game). I expect it to have a major boost, to 50K.

Worldwide:

450K.

X360:

Slight drop from usual is likely. Normal is 60K Others and 50K America, so 90K.

Pure ownage... I'm off by more than 100%... That's my worst prediction so far. I should stick to Wii predictions - I keep overballing Ps360 :(

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Username2324 said:

Wii - 300K
360 - 129K
PS3 - 400K

Well shoot, I was spot on for the Wii and 360, got a little too optimistic for the PS3 though.