By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What I think of Metal Gear Solid 4!

You remember this thread:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=29356&start=100

You remember the anger! The hate! The madness of such words! You remember stating the phrases such as, "91%! Oh no! How terrible!" so sarcastically. You remember stating the phrases, "You rely far too much on review scores, when you should be getting your own opinion on the game," and that is exactly where the story left off...

Now that I have "my own" opinion, you will now know what I "truly" think of the game.

So, how good do I think it is?

A: It's a pile of crap!

B: It's good.

C: It's a masterpiece.

Well, the answer is "C"... For "Crap"... No, just joking. The game is a MASTERPIECE like no other. It puts the Mona Lisa to shame.

"BUT" (You've just gotta love those "butts")

Like all games, it's not perfect. The ladder is just a few miles short of heaven, but that's still amazing.

First of all, is it just me, or are the graphics "nowhere near" as good, as shown in the trailers? Either that, or they just don't look as good as they should, because so far, my journeys have been through nothing but brown. All the rocks, and dust, are just a mesh of brown, so maybe that's why, but I'm not sure. I don't know. There is incredible detail, and everything is clear, but over all, some parts are beautiful, especially some of the cut scenes, but other parts really don't look that good, and as a whole, I wouldn't call it "mind blowing."

The controls are precise, but sometimes, awkward to use, and sometimes, the camera's a bitch. Also, there's a few, retarded invisible walls, like in some places, you can't crawl underneath certain tanks. They could have hid these places with ruble, but they didn't.

I don't mind the overly long cut scenes, because that's what Metal Gear Solid is, but sometimes, there's not nearly enough game play between them. I mean, the spacing of cut scenes could be a bit better. Perhaps bunch more of them up together, or something. Like, sometimes, they're randomly placed, and simply not needed at all. Over all, the story is fine. I wouldn't say it's the best, but it's a good conclusion. Some of the jokes are extremely corny though, and believe it or not, but there's a lot of poop jokes... Yeah... Poop jokes... In a Metal Gear Solid game... Yeah... Never-the-less, the presentation, and quality is definitely top notch.

Also, when you shoot the enemies, they like, repeat the same noises, over, and over again, and the beeping sound when you're low on energy can be a bit annoying. Also, can Snake move any lower? Man, oh, man. He runs so slow. 

I like how Snake leaves footprints, and bullets in almost everything he shoots, but that's old news for video games. Sometimes, when you leave bullets, and you turn around for a few seconds, then  turn back, they're gone. It's not that big of a deal, though. Also, wouldn't there be a lot more ruble, seeing how many walls are missing in the buildings? I don't know. Most of everything else I haven't mentioned, is incredible, though. Now, the most important thing is, "is it fun?" Absolutely. It's very fun, and it is the Playstation 3's flagship title! I basically stated most of the major annoyances, but rest assured, it's better than what I expected it to be.

Around the Network

Posting in yet another Metal Gear thread.

Word up, homies.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

I APPROVE THIS REVIEW.

*bleu-ocelot* said:
I APPROVE THIS REVIEW.

It's funny that what's in your signature is what happens in that game sometimes.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
I APPROVE THIS REVIEW.

It's funny that what's in your signature is what happens in that game sometimes.

What?

On topic:

12/10 that good =D

mM