By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MASSIVE leak of Microsoft E3 info...

That picture MIGHT be funny if it bore any remote resemblance to the reality of a multi-disc racing game. As it is, it's just stupid.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Slimebeast said:
CaptainPrefrences said:
Slimebeast said:
konnichiwa said:
Slimebeast said:
kingofwale said:
Slimebeast said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
Slimebeast said:
Crucible - amazing looking action-adventure game, AAA title. X360 being the adventure king of this gen confirmed.

Forza 3 - GT-killer confirmed.

GT5 eats Forza for breakfast.No competition,troll.

"Troll"... if that makes you feel better, ok.

GT5 will sell 6 million and Forza3 "only" 4 mill, but Forza3 will be the better game.

well, it's great to see you can back it up with real data. Because we all know how Forza has always been better than GT series.

Gran Turismo 4: 89% on Gamerankings

GT5 Prologue: 80%

Forza 2: 90%

Enuff said.

A new kind of cherry picking?

How is that cherry picking? The latest Forza 2 beats GT4 and the 80% for GT5Pro doesn't strengthen GT5's case.

Everything you have just said Slimebeast is garbage and doesnt make sense, just like your prediction in your sig. You havent even played Forza 3 or know anything about it and its already a GT5 killer, when GT5 will have the better graphics, more cars, 3rd party steering wheel support, and more tracks. And how can you compare forza 2 with GT4? This is coming from a 360 owner btw.

lol, you're using the same flawed logics yourself.

So I'm telling garbage when I say Forza 3 will be better, but you are perfectly allowed to claim that GT5 will have

- better grafix

- more cars

- more tracks

Geez...

I'm actually curious how many cars GT5 will have. If it has as many cars as GT4 had it might end up being the most epensive game made this generation.

I mean how much does a graphic designer make in Japan?  6 months a car racks up quite the graphics bill even at $10,000 a year.   Let alone tracks.

Too bad its 6 months of work for one guy. They probablly have multiple teams with at least 5 guys. Working roofing it would probablly take me a week by myself (7 days) but with 2 others helping me probablly only a day. 7 times faster with only 3 times the help.... get where im going with it...

I Perdict said:
Kasz216 said:
Slimebeast said:
CaptainPrefrences said:
Slimebeast said:
konnichiwa said:
Slimebeast said:
kingofwale said:
Slimebeast said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
Slimebeast said:
Crucible - amazing looking action-adventure game, AAA title. X360 being the adventure king of this gen confirmed.

GT5 will sell 6 million and Forza3 "only" 4 mill, but Forza3 will be the better game.

well, it's great to see you can back it up with real data. Because we all know how Forza has always been better than GT series.

Enuff said.

How is that cherry picking? The latest Forza 2 beats GT4 and the 80% for GT5Pro doesn't strengthen GT5's case.

Everything you have just said Slimebeast is garbage and doesnt make sense, just like your prediction in your sig. You havent even played Forza 3 or know anything about it and its already a GT5 killer, when GT5 will have the better graphics, more cars, 3rd party steering wheel support, and more tracks. And how can you compare forza 2 with GT4? This is coming from a 360 owner btw.

So I'm telling garbage when I say Forza 3 will be better, but you are perfectly allowed to claim that GT5 will have

- better grafix

- more cars

- more tracks

Geez...

I'm actually curious how many cars GT5 will have. If it has as many cars as GT4 had it might end up being the most epensive game made this generation.

I mean how much does a graphic designer make in Japan? 6 months a car racks up quite the graphics bill even at $10,000 a year. Let alone tracks.

Too bad its 6 months of work for one guy. They probablly have multiple teams with at least 5 guys. Working roofing it would probablly take me a week by myself (7 days) but with 2 others helping me probablly only a day. 7 times faster with only 3 times the help.... get where im going with it...

Actually the exact quote said "it took 6 months" speaking of the same designer.

Besides which... roofing and graphic design are two very different things. The manhours should be roughly the same. One guy works on a hood, another works on the tires... how does that speed anything up?

It's not like you can use teamwork to make specfic parts faster. 

Why wuld it take rufly 6 months to model and paint a car?

The first 10 or 50 take a long time, yes, but u get quicker by time.

Slimebeast said:
Why wuld it take rufly 6 months to model and paint a car?

The first 10 or 50 take a long time, yes, but u get quicker by time.

because from what I hear the same amount of somethings (pixels?) of a car in a previous installment (GT4?) is the same amount of somethings (pixels?) in the headlights of GT5.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
I Perdict said:
Kasz216 said:
Slimebeast said:
CaptainPrefrences said:
Slimebeast said:
konnichiwa said:
Slimebeast said:
kingofwale said:
Slimebeast said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
Slimebeast said:

Enuff said.

- better grafix

- more cars

- more tracks

Geez...

I mean how much does a graphic designer make in Japan? 6 months a car racks up quite the graphics bill even at $10,000 a year. Let alone tracks.

Actually the exact quote said "it took 6 months" speaking of the same designer.

Besides which... roofing and graphic design are two very different things. The manhours should be roughly the same. One guy works on a hood, another works on the tires... how does that speed anything up?

It's not like you can use teamwork to make specfic parts faster. 

Just being alongside someone helps you work faster. Just like anything in life. Work, running, eating, ect. doing something alongside someone else helps keep the pace up.

hold on, if forza 2 came out recently, and forza 3 will have 400 cars(which is time consuming enough).....then doesn't that mean that the game mechanics have had very little change, if any at all?

oh and slimebeast, you're making no sense at all. first you're comparing the quality of a ps2 racing game to the quality a 360 racing game, the you say that gt5 will sell better, but forza 3 will be better. if gt5 will still sell better, how is forza 3 a gt killer? and if forza 3 is better, how is gt5 going to sell more than it? especially when 360 has a bigger install base?

DOATS1 said:
hold on, if forza 2 came out recently, and forza 3 will have 400 cars(which is time consuming enough).....then doesn't that mean that the game mechanics have had very little change, if any at all?

oh and slimebeast, you're making no sense at all. first you're comparing the quality of a ps2 racing game to the quality a 360 racing game, the you say that gt5 will sell better, but forza 3 will be better. if gt5 will still sell better, how is forza 3 a gt killer? and if forza 3 is better, how is gt5 going to sell more than it? especially when 360 has a bigger install base?

touche

@DOATS1

Forza3 might be a GT-killer because it might b a better game.

About sales, GT5 sells more because Playstation-gamers like car games more than X360-gamers do.

DOATS1 said:

Forza 2 came out over a year ago. I doubt Forza 3 will be announced for this year, meaning there will be a two year dev time. Thats plenty. In any case, Forza has long been held to have better simulation mechanics than GT5, so I doubt this will be an issue.

Lets not kid ourselves, GT5 will own Forza 3 is sales. But after GT5, the Ps3 will truly have blown its wad. There is no exclusive in gaming bigger than GT5. If FM3 can steal a few thousand more PS2 owners and bring them up on the 360 rather than the PS3, thats a Microsoft victory.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS