By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MASSIVE leak of Microsoft E3 info...

Look, Both GT and Forza are good games.

It is however very unlikely Forza has any chance to be a GT killer as based on sales of F2 vs GT5:P it's pretty clear that GT5 will very likely sell more than double F3 (i.e. the sales of GT5:P indicate that GT5 is likely to see at least 8 M in sales while sales of F2 indicate at least 3 M if not more than 4M)

2 disks ain't a big problem but it will (if true) give more ammo to Sony's claim that over time more storage for certain games will be required.

Both will very likely offer a fantastic racing experience.

Can we leave it at that?

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

Awesome. The best racing simulator has just got better. Cant wait to see the jump in graphics to. And hopefully the damage model is improved upon. Forza 3 for the perfectionists is on its way. oh yes.

I don't know why it hasn't been mentioned yet, but 100 race tracks is very unlikely, unless a reverse version of each track counts as another track.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

It's fake. You know how I know? At the beginning of this generation when everyone complained about the $60 price point, MS promised that games published by Microsoft would be $50, not $60. That would include Forza 3.

And yet Forza 3 is listed as $60 on that site. Either MS isn't good for its word, which I doubt they'd lie that blatantly because people wouldn't forget, or the info is fake.

Putting a racing game on two discs is nonsense. The system doesn't have enough memory to do store a significant portion of a DVD in memory before swapping to another disc.

Also, Forza is better than Gran Turismo.  The only people who seem to say otherwise haven't played both.  I have and it's not even close.  Gran Turismo isn not even a racing sim, it's an arcade game where you bump other cars and the physics are a poor approximation compared to Forza.

TheBigFatJ said:
It's fake. You know how I know? At the beginning of this generation when everyone complained about the $60 price point, MS promised that games published by Microsoft would be $50, not $60. That would include Forza 3.

And yet Forza 3 is listed as $60 on that site. Either MS isn't good for its word, which I doubt they'd lie that blatantly because people wouldn't forget, or the info is fake.

Putting a racing game on two discs is nonsense. The system doesn't have enough memory to do store a significant portion of a DVD in memory before swapping to another disc.
Link?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
I Perdict said:
Kasz216 said:
I Perdict said:
Kasz216 said:
Slimebeast said:
CaptainPrefrences said:
Slimebeast said:
konnichiwa said:
Slimebeast said:
kingofwale said:
Slimebeast said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
Slimebeast said:
Crucible - amazing looking action-adventure game, AAA title. X360 being the adventure king of this gen confirmed.

Forza 3 - GT-killer confirmed.

GT5 eats Forza for breakfast.No competition,troll.

"Troll"... if that makes you feel better, ok.

GT5 will sell 6 million and Forza3 "only" 4 mill, but Forza3 will be the better game.

well, it's great to see you can back it up with real data. Because we all know how Forza has always been better than GT series.

Gran Turismo 4: 89% on Gamerankings

GT5 Prologue: 80%

Forza 2: 90%

Enuff said.

A new kind of cherry picking?

How is that cherry picking? The latest Forza 2 beats GT4 and the 80% for GT5Pro doesn't strengthen GT5's case.

Everything you have just said Slimebeast is garbage and doesnt make sense, just like your prediction in your sig. You havent even played Forza 3 or know anything about it and its already a GT5 killer, when GT5 will have the better graphics, more cars, 3rd party steering wheel support, and more tracks. And how can you compare forza 2 with GT4? This is coming from a 360 owner btw.

lol, you're using the same flawed logics yourself.

So I'm telling garbage when I say Forza 3 will be better, but you are perfectly allowed to claim that GT5 will have

- better grafix

- more cars

- more tracks

Geez...

I'm actually curious how many cars GT5 will have. If it has as many cars as GT4 had it might end up being the most epensive game made this generation.

I mean how much does a graphic designer make in Japan? 6 months a car racks up quite the graphics bill even at $10,000 a year. Let alone tracks.

Too bad its 6 months of work for one guy. They probablly have multiple teams with at least 5 guys. Working roofing it would probablly take me a week by myself (7 days) but with 2 others helping me probablly only a day. 7 times faster with only 3 times the help.... get where im going with it...

Actually the exact quote said "it took 6 months" speaking of the same designer.

Besides which... roofing and graphic design are two very different things. The manhours should be roughly the same. One guy works on a hood, another works on the tires... how does that speed anything up?

It's not like you can use teamwork to make specfic parts faster.

Just being alongside someone helps you work faster. Just like anything in life. Work, running, eating, ect. doing something alongside someone else helps keep the pace up.

1) That's just ridiculious. 

2) Where do you think he got the 6 month quote from then?  After they've already had WAY over 6 months working on the game.  Obviously it was based on real life expierence.

Kasz216 said:
I Perdict said:

Just being alongside someone helps you work faster. Just like anything in life. Work, running, eating, ect. doing something alongside someone else helps keep the pace up.

1) That's just ridiculious. 

2) Where do you think he got the 6 month quote from then?  After they've already had WAY over 6 months working on the game.  Obviously it was based on real life expierence.

It isn't that rediculous. It's a mental thing. working by yourself you think you are making good time but really you could be working at a snails pace.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/07/03/yamauchi-reveals-gt5-details-to-car-and-driver/

Programming detailed car models on the PS3 is a ridiculously time-consuming process. "For Gran Turismo 1, one car was one day's work for one man," Yamauchi said. "For GT3, one car was one man's work for 30 days. For GT5, one car is one man's work for 180 days."

Like I said, I'm pretty sure they have teams on each car not just a bunch of people working on their own cars for 6 months.

TheBigFatJ said:

Also, Forza is better than Gran Turismo. The only people who seem to say otherwise haven't played both. I have and it's not even close. Gran Turismo isn not even a racing sim, it's an arcade game where you bump other cars and the physics are a poor approximation compared to Forza.

Ummm, Ninja Gaiden 2 is $60, so that doesn't mean it's fake.

However, the claim of a PS3/360/Wii/whatever emulator soon to come for the PC certainly does.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

WOW! Even though I aboslutely hate driving games, Forza 3 sounds HUGE. (But probably not a system seller)

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

This whole thread is gibberish. Especially the OP. I would take this info with a grain of salt.