By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MASSIVE leak of Microsoft E3 info...

Slimebeast said:
@DOATS1

Forza3 might be a GT-killer because it might b a better game.

About sales, GT5 sells more because Playstation-gamers like car games more than X360-gamers do.

that's just stupid. (not you, but the point you were making). forza 3 MIGHT be better than gt5. but you don't know that, so you've effectively silenced your own point. your second point made no sense to me either.

starcraft said:

Forza 2 came out over a year ago. I doubt Forza 3 will be announced for this year, meaning there will be a two year dev time. Thats plenty. In any case, Forza has long been held to have better simulation mechanics than GT5, so I doubt this will be an issue.

Lets not kid ourselves, GT5 will own Forza 3 is sales. But after GT5, the Ps3 will truly have blown its wad. There is no exclusive in gaming bigger than GT5. If FM3 can steal a few thousand more PS2 owners and bring them up on the 360 rather than the PS3, thats a Microsoft victory.

why, because sony will have no other games coming out? flawed logic considering that halo 3 is microsofts biggest game and that was released in september.

one way or another. forza is in no way a gt killer. it may be a better quality game, but when it is all said and done gran turismo is still good enough to be the best racing game out there, which will sell.

Around the Network
DOATS1 said:
Slimebeast said:
@DOATS1

Forza3 might be a GT-killer because it might b a better game.

About sales, GT5 sells more because Playstation-gamers like car games more than X360-gamers do.

that's just stupid. (not you, but the point you were making). forza 3 MIGHT be better than gt5. but you don't know that, so you've effectively silenced your own point. your second point made no sense to me either.

starcraft said:

Forza 2 came out over a year ago. I doubt Forza 3 will be announced for this year, meaning there will be a two year dev time. Thats plenty. In any case, Forza has long been held to have better simulation mechanics than GT5, so I doubt this will be an issue.

Lets not kid ourselves, GT5 will own Forza 3 is sales. But after GT5, the Ps3 will truly have blown its wad. There is no exclusive in gaming bigger than GT5. If FM3 can steal a few thousand more PS2 owners and bring them up on the 360 rather than the PS3, thats a Microsoft victory.

why, because sony will have no other games coming out? flawed logic considering that halo 3 is microsofts biggest game and that was released in september.

one way or another. forza is in no way a gt killer. it may be a better quality game, but when it is all said and done gran turismo is still good enough to be the best racing game out there, which will sell.

Why u critisise me for something, then use the same flawed logic?

If I dont no, then you dont no either.

Slimebeast said:

wait, what?

you even admitted yourself that gt5 will sell better! if a games sells better, then i'm pretty sure that makes it the better game, as it has a lot more fans. i'm not the one who said forza will kill gt, but gt5 will still sell better. how can a game kill a franchise but still sell worse than it?

DOATS1 said:
Slimebeast said:

wait, what?

you even admitted yourself that gt5 will sell better! if a games sells better, then i'm pretty sure that makes it the better game, as it has a lot more fans. i'm not the one who said forza will kill gt, but gt5 will still sell better. how can a game kill a franchise but still sell worse than it?

You're kidding now. Since when have better game sales determined if a game is "better" than something else?

With that logic Halo 3 is better than MGS4.

As an xbox360 owner, I'm very happy with this leak. Hope they are true.
Exciting stuff coming out a lot for 360 these days.
Keep it up Microsoft.

I'm sure Sony will have equally impressive announcements - hopefully

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:

You're kidding now. Since when have better game sales determined if a game is "better" than something else?

i was comparing two simulation racering franchises aiming for the same market.

you're comparing a run-and-gun sci-fi first person shooter, to a stealth action game.

with my logic, your logic is all over the place right now.

Never trust market research companies with your secrets, LOL.

No foreign sky protected me,
No stranger's wing shielded my face.
I stand as witness to the common lot,
survivor of that time, that place.

- From 'Requiem' by Anna Akhmatova

DOATS1 said:
Slimebeast said:

i was comparing two simulation racering franchises aiming for the same market.

you're comparing a run-and-gun sci-fi first person shooter, to a stealth action game.

with my logic, your logic is all over the place right now.

Okay, forget that then.

But I still believe that a lot of GT sales are because of it's name. People think it's the racing game to get and dismiss everything else.

Plus as I said, the difference of preference of the PS3-owners compared to X360-owners. PS3-demographics is more interested in racing than X360-owners are, similar to the football games in EU/Others, which sold a lot better on the PS3 than on the X360 despite a lot smaller userbase at the time.

If thats wat microsoft are planning god help them it all sounds so boring

Predictions for end of 2008

PS3 - 18 million

360 - 22million

Wii - 30 million

Slimebeast said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
Slimebeast said:
Crucible - amazing looking action-adventure game, AAA title. X360 being the adventure king of this gen confirmed.

Forza 3 - GT-killer confirmed.

GT5 eats Forza for breakfast.No competition,troll.

"Troll"... if that makes you feel better, ok.

GT5 will sell 6 million and Forza3 "only" 4 mill, but Forza3 will be the better game.

Forza 3 will sell 4 million despite forza 2 selling 3 million whilst bundled with every 360 at christmas?

Hi, i'm solojohlo and i'm pretty fucking awesome