By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Only 70,000 MGS4 bundles?

Yeah, the BestBuy in my area got 26 in, so 30 was the norm for most BB stores.

Around the Network

I think sony should re introduce the 80gb ps3 for the holidays, by then they should be making atleast some profit of the 40gb ps3..

Bringing back the 80gb for $449.99 could really help sales.

mM

PSU.com said there was 75,000 80GB bundles. Question: Did the ps3 sell 180% more consoles on day 1? Because if that stat was only ONE day the ps3 could have a very impressive hardware week.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

I think Europe got significantly less.

Amazon have had two shipments in the past week, perhaps 70,000 was the first?

Hi, i'm solojohlo and i'm pretty fucking awesome

Around the Network

The bundle isnt limited.

I called gamestop 2 days ago right after the release of MGS4, I was on gametrailers some guy wanted to know if it was limited, and yes I have no life.

So I called and asked if they were getting anymore, he said next week they are getting another shipment.

mM
leo-j said:
The bundle isnt limited.

I called gamestop 2 days ago right after the release of MGS4, I was on gametrailers some guy wanted to know if it was limited, and yes I have no life.

So I called and asked if they were getting anymore, he said next week they are getting another shipment.

I hope you're right, leo-j. If the ps3 doubled its ww sales from previous week on day 1 (according to bottom of vgchartz article I believe) then that would put worldwide day 1 sales at around 288,000....it could possibly manage 400,000 units of hardware for the entire week (although MGS4 was released later in the week which hurts). Impressive.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

It had to be day one, since the article was posted on saturday, the day wasn't over. Still some more sales to be had.

birchy8624 said:
They could have sold soooo much more arggg

PS3 might even when Worldwide.  That'd be a nice change.

leo-j said:
Yep its North america, japan had around 50-60k ps3 bundles and according to vgchartz they sold out. How do I know 50-60k? Famitsu= 295k first day sales, first day sales in japan including bundles are over 350k.

Therefore thats so far how many ps3's have been sold this week, I expect 70k and it should outsell the wii in japan this week.

Japan with LE bundle got over 100k MGS4 bundles.