By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo Wii's to sell over 600k a week.

I think Nintendo is stockpiling for Christmas as we speak.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network

The fact that shipping outsrips sales is an indicator of their demand, Rock.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

I thought Leo-J was perma banned.

Welcome back. Though it appears you still expect Wii sales to drop off for no reason all of a sudden.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

^ It feels good to have leo-j back!

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

leo-j said:
You have to remember..

Not everyone wants a wii, you have to consider what would happen if nintendo do happen to hit demand.

Ive said it many times before, you cant predict any trends, nor predict if the wii will hit demand any time soon, its not something that you can predict.

This is true, at the moment I think supply is pretty good across most of the world though, so the 2.4 million per month they are aiming for might be about right.

Around the Network

Once that production increase actually takes place and we start seeing higher weekly numbers, that should be a better gauge for just how undermatched production has been relative to demand.

That's mainly for NA, seeing as how sales have been pretty consistent in Japan and Others, indicating units delivered to retail is about the same as the regular level of demand, barring any major releases.

We won't see 600k sales a week though. Not on a regular basis. When production was 1.8 million/month, we did not consistently see sales rates of 415k a week, which would have corresponded with the rate of production.

I think sales in Others will take off further with increased Wii Fit shipments and Brawl release.

No it would not be able to sell 600k a week outside of Nov-Dec... There would just be a flood of Wiis on the market. I would say they would sell 600k a week for a short while however... Just like they did in mid may...

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

leo-j said:
You have to remember..

Not everyone wants a wii, you have to consider what would happen if nintendo do happen to hit demand.

Ive said it many times before, you cant predict any trends, nor predict if the wii will hit demand any time soon, its not something that you can predict.

This from the guy with the Wii at 29-33 million at the end of this year in his sig??

Stillwell said:
I'm thinking 5 million a week!!

No, you are insane. I'm thinking around 3 million a week. That's more realistic.