By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - "US al qaida free""iraq safer than detroit""terrorists want bearnaise sauce

Rath said:
Sqrl said:

See from where I'm sitting the article has a few contentious points and certainly some boorish comments but even so nothing really offensive ...maybe I missed something though, feel free to point it out. But even if you should find something terribly insensitive it still doesn't mean that that single comment outweighs everything else and removes all merit from what was written. To think that way is truly just a cop-out so you don't have to think. Everyone of course has the right to do this if they should want to (within the boundaries of the forum rules anyways), but if that is their choice then I have the right to call them on it as well.

However I think there are far better things to spend my time replying to than to a woman who fills her articles with hate-filled and bigoted comments. For example your post that I'm now replying to. Thats not to say that its entirely without merit but it doesn't have enough merit for me to spend my time writing out a rebuttal.

I think there are absolutely some valid points made in the article. For instance she is absolutely correct that nobody thought we would avoid another attack for 7 (almost 7 anyways) years and thanks in large part to an aggressive ant-terrorism effort we have been. I honestly don't see why liberals don't admit this and move on, particularly with the way things are going in Iraq right now (ie extremely well). Although in fairness there are a number of things both parties need to admit to and move on.

Really? You thought there would be more attacks? I mean there were never many incidents of radical Islamic terrorism in the USA, the 9/11 attacks were the first major ones since the 1993 attack on the WTC I think.

I haven't checked the accuracy of her numbers but her proposal that Iraq is safer than Detroit is somewhat of an ironic one when you consider that Iraq is a war-torn nation and Detroit is a major US city. Which is of course why people respond so strongly to her saying so, but if she is correct that Chicago had 5 deaths per day last year then I wouldn't be surprised if the 19 deaths of May represented a lower death count for our troops in Iraq than the citizens of Detroit. You are correct however that the comparison still leaves out civilians, so the comparison is absolutely skewed (for a number of reasons beyond just this one actually)...but it still makes a valid point that Iraq is safer than most people believe. Or do you dispute what practically everyone who has visited Iraq in the last 3 months has said (I'm seriously asking not trying to be a dick)?

Safer for heavily armed soldiers, for civilians (who are the people dieing in Detroit) not so much.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ORB_survey_of_Iraq_War_casualties

Over a million civilian deaths, though of course Coulter wouldn't really care about them =

Edit: Looking at that again it means current deaths in Iraq, I can't find statistics on that at the moment but I'm dead certain its a hell of a lot more than the number of people dieing in Detroit.

She then goes on to list a number of accomplishments that are a result of our work in Iraq according to a variety of sources she lists and please keep in mind that according to your statement those things are somehow without merit since they are part of her article. This is really my underlying point, that by disregarding it you miss out on what is there. There is plenty of stuff people say that I disagree with but it doesn't mean I ignore everything they have to say, to be blunt that would be petty.

The near defeat of Al-Qaeda has very little to do with Iraq considering they never had a presence there under saddam (whose government was secular), they only emerged due to the Iraq war. Now the war in Afghanistan, that has something to do with the current state of Al-Qaeda.

She is also correct that there are a ton of lies that are spread about Bush all over (and not just on the internet), I'm honestly more disgusted with the alacrity with which people throw away their critical thinking in favor of mob mentality than I am with what Coulter said...but thats because I expect it from Coulter where as I still think it is fairly amazing people are so quick to throw reason out the window. Perhaps I shouldn't be that surprised...

Its the same sort of thing as when Jack Thompson accuses a video-game of being completely unacceptable and stating it should be banned. Like it or not most people are going to ignore or attack him because he is a nut serving his own biased agenda and you can basically trust nothing that he says. Same thing here.

I want to point out I'm not talking about somehow who merely believes different than I do with my comment in the last paragraph. Its the way people default to hatred mode when a person or group they don't like is brought up. No matter what the circumstances they will find fault.

Its not just the person I don't like, its her ideas ideals and personality. She has suggested that America nuke North Korea as a warning to the world and said that the USA should force Islamic people to become Christian. That is about as far up on the 'piss me off' scale as its possible to go. This article itself isn't her worst piece and I still find it putrid the way it talks about Muslims and how it treats USA as the only country in the world worth a damn.

I have on several occasions on this forum discussed what I dislike about what Bush has done during his presidency and perhaps my greatest gripe with this article is Coulter claiming Bush to be a great president. But I still look at every decision Bush makes on the merits of that decision alone and I don't get caught up with how much I'm supposed to hate him according to the Democrats and Liberals the same as I don't get caught up with how much I'm supposed to like him according to the Conservatives and Anne Coulter.

I don't like Bush and I think he has indeed screwed many things up - the Iraq war being the most glaring one. That doesn't however mean that everything he's done in his presidency is bad. I agree that not every action that Bush makes should be hated just because its Bush, even the worst man can do good things and Bush is by no means the worst man.

In order:

- Your not actually responding to her though, unless she reads this forum lol. The point of a response here is to convey to your fellow board members what is so glaringly wrong about her article and explain why Anne Coulter is not to be listened to (and I agree there are some things worth ripping apart in the article). I think Rubang was on the right idea with the quotes, but those don't really have anything to do with the article. The problem is that although they are fine examples of why Coulter is disliked (ie hated) by so many people, they are in no way a rebuttal of the article or an explanation of why it is wrong/misleading/etc...

- Yes I did, as did damn near everyone else, "experts", politicians, pundits, and grandma included. In fact the article I linked to shows that those fears were well-founded and if you're saying you didn't think we would be attacked again then you're only admitting that you thought so incorrectly.

- I was fairly explicit in labeling the soldiers versus the civilians, so I'm not sure why you repeated it. In any case you are correct and it was, and is again, noted. I hope you will take note of my point that I believe her real intention with the comparison was to highlight that the casualties were not nearly as bad in recent months as many believe them to be and that things are getting better in Iraq.

As for the civilian deaths I'm honestly not sure what it has to do with this comparison. They are certainly more than a mere cold hard statistic to me, but this comparison is about Iraq in the month of May not Iraq since the beginning of the conflict.

- I don't think Al-Qaeda is the only terrorist threat we face, let alone the primary reason we should have gone there. No matter where Al-Qaeda was at and/or where they would or wouldn't have been, the fact is this course has lead to a number of victories against them. We can second guess how we got here but thats not going to change, the only thing we can choose is the road forward.

- I like your analogy, unfortunately Thompson mentioned on FreeTalkLive that the only game he has said should be flat out banned is Manhunt (can't remember if it was one or two). He went on to also say that his position was to prevent children from purchasing these "objectionale" games. A gross mischaracterization of his position on your part, and one that highlights the pitfalls of letting your assumptions about someone run wild.

JT may be extreme in the way he goes about his business the same as Coulter is but I think you would agree children shouldn't be playing GTA IV or Mass Effect, the same way you share the same goal as Anne Coulter (ie to win the war on terror). It all comes down to a disagreement on how you do that...and maybe even whether or not it can be done....but at the very least you both want it.

To me a person who is hurling an insult at Anne Coulter is just as much a part of the problem as Coulter herself. She shreiks so her position is heard and in response they hurl insults to ratchet up the rhetoric. The result is nobody can get their point across because everyone is too stubborn to listen.

You saying that this is the way it is "whether I like it or not" only tells me that people prefer it this way..which of course implies nobody wants to fix the problem because they're just so happy arguing. I don't really buy that but it seems to be the case for the time being. You're correct in saying that there is nothing I can do to forcefully stop people from doing this (and I don't want to), all I can do is pity those who think ratcheting up the rhetoric is a good idea and hope that their stubbornness isn't the undoing of us all (which I don't think it will be).

- So your answer to dealing with people you really don't like is to ignore them? By that reasoning it was perfectly acceptable for Bush to ignore the protests of other UN nations in dealing with Iraq. After all he didn't really like them so he should just ignore them right?

Everyone recognizes at some point that you need to deal with other people to solve problems, and those other people are going to include people who you disagree with. Obviously none of us are in a position to solve these problems but really your attitude towards Coulter is just an example of political climate that prevents things from getting done. And while you can't fix the problem you can help change the political climate.

- I'm honestly not trying to start a drawn out argument. I'm just trying to illustrate how the mainstream positions are creating an impasse. I doubt I will change anyone's mind from their current thinking. But I think you understand where I'm coming from just the same and you know exactly what I'm talking about when I say that these extreme and irreconcilable views are not only unhealthy but damaging to the nation as a whole.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
Sqrl said:

The Ghost of RubangB said:
I'd like to know how many Americans are in America and how many Americans are in Iraq. I'm sure I could have just as much fun with these numbers as Ann Coulter's crazy ass. But I'm pretty sure an armed U.S. soldier would be safer in Chicago than in Iraq. I'm also sure an unarmed U.S. civilian would be safer in Chicago than in Iraq. If she's arguing that armed U.S. soldiers are safer than unarmed U.S. civilians in Chicago, maybe she's right, but that is the stupidest argument I've ever heard of.

@Kasz, if Ann Coulter ever argued that that was the reason we invaded Iraq, I'd understand her argument, but nobody ever argued that before the war. There's this huge logical gap between 9/11 and the invasion that I refuse to leap across. They don't get to change their justifications each time the last one gets disproved.

Of course Iraq was never a threat, but I also don't see how terrorism was even a threat after 9/11. Didn't they take over 5 years or so to plan 9/11? Iraq War or no Iraq War, I don't think 7 years without another attack is a sign of success. People have been more afraid than usual recently, which is a sign that the terror tactics are working... but I can't think of a way to prove you're beating terrorists.

How can we prove we're winning? No new attacks? Doesn't that mean we were winning on September 10th, 2001? Or do we just count the days since the last attack and come up with an arbitrary number that represents safety and freedom? This is one of the major problems with wars against vague ideologies instead of against actual people in actual countries.

Iraq was never a threat? Aside from the destabilizing effect Saddam had on the entire region we know he had biological and chemical weapons. Which he used on his own people. We even know that at several points in his regime he was trying to get nukes...and yet somehow thats "ok" and not the same as actually having them. So we have a sadistic dictator who has proven he wants nuclear weapons and has shown a willingness to kill without feeling. That sounds to me like a threat...not exactly a stretch by any definition either. I don't know how most people think, but I like the idea of dealing with my enemies when they are weak rather than waiting for them to have all their ducks in a row when they will be an immediate threat. The fact that our intentions were misrepresented/wrong/whatever for going there is atotally legit complaint in my view. But that doesn't at all change the fact that there were legit reasons to go.

As an example, if you were given directions by your ex-wife to a restaurant to meet a date and she lied and told you it was on the left side of the street but you found out it was really on the right side of the street at the same intersection would you turn around and go home or go eat dinner with your date who was waiting inside? You're correct to think it may have been a bad idea to ask directions from your ex and if she did lie then you have every right to be angry! But the reality of the situation is that you're outside the restaurant and you can either go home and call your ex-wife to bitch or you can go inside and have a nice evening. Going home doesn't spite your ex, it spites yourself.

As for terrorism not being a threat, I will first say you are correct it took a number of years to develop the 9/11 plot, but it doesn't necessarily take that long for all plots to be hatched. With that said there actually have been a number of foiled plots since then, for example this article outlines 17 of them from Sept 11th 2001 to Jun 3rd 2007. The list includes a plan to release a dirty bomb in Miami, a plot to destroy the Brooklyn Bridge, a plot against the NY Stock Exchange, a plot to attack military facilities in the LA area, a plan to destroy the Sears Tower in Chicago as well as FBI offices, and a planned attack on JFK International Airport. It is really easy to look at a list of foiled attacks and shrug them off but if you add up the number of people who die if they succeed it easily adds up very quickly to some staggering numbers, and of course we don't even know if there would have been more without our actions, which leads me to my next point...

As for how you "prove" you're winning? How long you go without a successful attack is one way to measure, albeit a bad one by itself. I would say you have to combine factors to get a good "measuring stick" so to speak. For example if you have long period (a) without a successful attack (b) with a number of foiled attacks on the US, and (c.) with a great deal of progress towards undermining their infrastructure around the world. Then I think you're definitely on the right track and I think thats a great way of measuring your success. Note that all three of those are true at the moment.

I completely understand that a lot of people feel jilted about the reasons for going to Iraq and while I sympathize I have to say "get over it". The government lies to us all the time, from the president to the congress, republicans, democrats, liberals, conservatives, and everyone in between. The fact is that this is where we are and no amount of bitching and moaning is going to change it. We can choose to moan for a few more years or make the best of the situation by not completely forfeiting the equity we have in our Iraqi operations already.

Iraq wasn't a threat to the U.S. though, unless you mean a threat to our foreign oil interests.  Yeah he committed horrible crimes against humanity, but it's not America's job to protect humanity.  If it was, we'd be in Darfur and the Congo instead of Iraq.  (Ask Ann Coulter how she feels about that.)

There are dictators far worse than Saddam who get away with murder because they don't own the most important land mass on the planet, connecting all of the eastern hemisphere, which just also happens to be full of oil.

Also, the folks look brown in Iraq, so it's easier to trick the American people into thinking they had anything to do with 9/11.  Maybe if they were Chinese terrorists on the planes, we'd have invaded Taiwan or Japan or something.

With all that said, we're already there, but I still don't agree with the "you break you buy" philosophy when it comes to war and human lives.  If for some reason, the U.S. needs to keep X amount of troops abroad meddling with other countries at all times, there are places where those troops could be doing far more good, and probably even costing less money.

The Ghost of RubangB said:

Iraq wasn't a threat to the U.S. though, unless you mean a threat to our foreign oil interests. Yeah he committed horrible crimes against humanity, but it's not America's job to protect humanity. If it was, we'd be in Darfur and the Congo instead of Iraq. (Ask Ann Coulter how she feels about that.)

There are dictators far worse than Saddam who get away with murder because they don't own the most important land mass on the planet, connecting all of the eastern hemisphere, which just also happens to be full of oil.

Also, the folks look brown in Iraq, so it's easier to trick the American people into thinking they had anything to do with 9/11. Maybe if they were Chinese terrorists on the planes, we'd have invaded Taiwan or Japan or something.

With all that said, we're already there, but I still don't agree with the "you break you buy" philosophy when it comes to war and human lives. If for some reason, the U.S. needs to keep X amount of troops abroad meddling with other countries at all times, there are places where those troops could be doing far more good, and probably even costing less money.

I don't see how you think a sadistic person who we know wanted nukes and disliked both us and our allies was no threat.  But again whether he was or wasn't a threat is moot now.

As for the oil interest, that really hasn't panned out that well for us from what I can tell. We get a small percentage of our oil from there (between 2-4% iirc) and we pay full price for it and the contracts and operation of the whole deal from Iraqi wells to American cars is under considerable scrutiny. From start to finish the "We invaded for oil" line has enjoyed little to no actual support. The best supporting argument that I know of is that supposedly Paul Wolfowitz had proposed to use the oil in Iraq to fund the war but it was either rejected or never actually suggested because we aren't doing it.

As for your belief that we attacked because they were "brown" and people would be ok with that, I have to say I find that particularly disturbing on your part if you truly believe that. I won't dignify it further.

Why are we still arguing on this? I thought everyone agreed the invasion was due to weapons of mass destruction.

/sarcasm (for those lacking detection)

Galaki said:
Why are we still arguing on this? I thought everyone agreed the invasion was due to weapons of mass destruction.

/sarcasm (for those lacking detection)

Hey it's better than arguing about what the meaning of "is" is .

Around the Network
Sqrl said:

In order:

- Your not actually responding to her though, unless she reads this forum lol. The point of a response here is to convey to your fellow board members what is so glaringly wrong about her article and explain why Anne Coulter is not to be listened to (and I agree there are some things worth ripping apart in the article). I think Rubang was on the right idea with the quotes, but those don't really have anything to do with the article. The problem is that although they are fine examples of why Coulter is disliked (ie hated) by so many people, they are in no way a rebuttal of the article or an explanation of why it is wrong/misleading/etc...

And I sometimes feel that the article itself perfectly conveys what I feel is wrong with it as it is so obviously wrong. This is one of those times.

- Yes I did, as did damn near everyone else, "experts", politicians, pundits, and grandma included. In fact the article I linked to shows that those fears were well-founded and if you're saying you didn't think we would be attacked again then you're only admitting that you thought so incorrectly.

Clearly I thought so correctly as there haven't been any major terrorist attacks.

- I was fairly explicit in labeling the soldiers versus the civilians, so I'm not sure why you repeated it. In any case you are correct and it was, and is again, noted. I hope you will take note of my point that I believe her real intention with the comparison was to highlight that the casualties were not nearly as bad in recent months as many believe them to be and that things are getting better in Iraq.

Casualties of soldiers once again. As I say I'm not sure what civilian/Iraqi police/Iraqi Army/Coalition Army death figures are but having such an incomplete figure as American soldiers doesn't really prove anything much.

As for the civilian deaths I'm honestly not sure what it has to do with this comparison. They are certainly more than a mere cold hard statistic to me, but this comparison is about Iraq in the month of May not Iraq since the beginning of the conflict.

- I don't think Al-Qaeda is the only terrorist threat we face, let alone the primary reason we should have gone there. No matter where Al-Qaeda was at and/or where they would or wouldn't have been, the fact is this course has lead to a number of victories against them. We can second guess how we got here but thats not going to change, the only thing we can choose is the road forward.

Iraq was by no means the most dangerous rogue state (as evidenced by the fact that UN weapon inspectors found no WMDs or any sign of a WMD programme) and it was also a secular state meaning that it was by no means the most likely to harbour Islamic terrorists. Just because victories were won against them and America invaded Iraq doesn't mean invading Iraq was intelligent. Its like saying that because the Allies won WWII everything the Allies did in WWII was right - which is completely untrue.

- I like your analogy, unfortunately Thompson mentioned on FreeTalkLive that the only game he has said should be flat out banned is Manhunt (can't remember if it was one or two). He went on to also say that his position was to prevent children from purchasing these "objectionale" games. A gross mischaracterization of his position on your part, and one that highlights the pitfalls of letting your assumptions about someone run wild.

JT may be extreme in the way he goes about his business the same as Coulter is but I think you would agree children shouldn't be playing GTA IV or Mass Effect, the same way you share the same goal as Anne Coulter (ie to win the war on terror). It all comes down to a disagreement on how you do that...and maybe even whether or not it can be done....but at the very least you both want it.

He also campaigned that Bully should be banned from sale I believe. In any case both of these cases are ones where people either attacked him or flat out ignored him because he was serving his own biased agenda. As I said. Also just because he also has some reasonable views doesn't make all of his views reasonable.

To me a person who is hurling an insult at Anne Coulter is just as much a part of the problem as Coulter herself. She shreiks so her position is heard and in response they hurl insults to ratchet up the rhetoric. The result is nobody can get their point across because everyone is too stubborn to listen.

You saying that this is the way it is "whether I like it or not" only tells me that people prefer it this way..which of course implies nobody wants to fix the problem because they're just so happy arguing. I don't really buy that but it seems to be the case for the time being. You're correct in saying that there is nothing I can do to forcefully stop people from doing this (and I don't want to), all I can do is pity those who think ratcheting up the rhetoric is a good idea and hope that their stubbornness isn't the undoing of us all (which I don't think it will be).

I don't understand what you're getting at in these paragraphs. For one thing there isn't really any rhetoric as we are writing opinions on her article that she will never read. Also she has got her point across as I did read the article - I just found myself to extremely strongly disagree with her point.

- So your answer to dealing with people you really don't like is to ignore them? By that reasoning it was perfectly acceptable for Bush to ignore the protests of other UN nations in dealing with Iraq. After all he didn't really like them so he should just ignore them right?

Two things. I don't run the most powerful country in the world. Ann Coulter is largely insignificant in the grand-scheme of things. Those two factors mean that I can quite happily ignore her - along with Muslim extremists, neo-Nazis and Holocaust deniers. All of whom I am quite happy to ignore or verbally attack.

Everyone recognizes at some point that you need to deal with other people to solve problems, and those other people are going to include people who you disagree with. Obviously none of us are in a position to solve these problems but really your attitude towards Coulter is just an example of political climate that prevents things from getting done. And while you can't fix the problem you can help change the political climate.

Once again, I'm not a politician. I don't actually need to deal with people like Ann and even if I was a politican I wouldn't be able to simply because my ideals are oh so very different to hers. Much like if you asked Obama (or even McCain) whether he would consider converting the Middle East to Christianity by force they would laugh at you.

- I'm honestly not trying to start a drawn out argument. I'm just trying to illustrate how the mainstream positions are creating an impasse. I doubt I will change anyone's mind from their current thinking. But I think you understand where I'm coming from just the same and you know exactly what I'm talking about when I say that these extreme and irreconcilable views are not only unhealthy but damaging to the nation as a whole.

The thing is my views are not extreme at all - well at least not in New Zealand - whereas her views are extreme pretty much anywhere.

Edit: You couldn't get very far not saying "is" now could you?

Edit2: Also Sqrl I'm not keen to get into too massive an argument. I probably won't reply again k? 

Sqrl said:
Kasz216 said:
I'd argue Sadam Hussein's destablizing of the region was good for us. They kept Iran in check. I mean... that's why the US put him their in the first place.

Unlike the current Iraq government which is actually more Pro-Iran... all we've really done is put the middle east a little more into the pockets of Iran.

Honestly the "what if"s of what would have happened or even will happen are highly speculative to say the least. I actually stated it as a side point and not a major one, partly for this reason.

You could certainly argue that position, but that position admits that we had two problems (Iraq and Iran) that precariously counteracted each other. And if we assume for a moment that this was the case I would ask why we should continue to rely on our enemies to counteract each other? I personally have a hard time believing any strategy that relies on our enemies continuing to act in our benefit is a good one.

Why? Because it's retarded to start with the weaker foe. Taking out Iraq first just makes Iran stronger. While taking out Iran first does nothing but make Iran a lot more powerful and important in the region... since the rest of the region hates Iraq.

It's a point anyone with half a brain could see.... even before the war if you were paying any attention to the region. (Which I was.... and which i argued... and honestly I thought we'd never go to war with Iraq because the congress was smarter then that.)

Anyone who's ever played so much as a 3 person RTS game should of known better. You let enemys balance each other out until you are strong enough to take out the big group, instead of the small group.

Furthermore it would  of been easier as far as cooperation since Iran is less divided, has a better infrastructure, there was better proof they were trying for nukes even back then and Iran's people were activily seeking a revolution.

In fact, a majority of Iranians looked positive on the US and plenty thought we should help their country.... until the axis of evil speeches, because they took it as bush saying the entire country was evil. 

Wow, this Ann Coulter makes our Roberto Calderoli look like a mild mannered gentleman
Are you sure she isn't joking, actually?
Anyway, about Iraq, I think Bush wasn't totally wrong dethronizing Saddam, but he didn't all ihe should have done.
First, to really seek justice, he had to defy Turkey's wrath and enforce resolutions about Kurdistan's freedom and independency that date back to the League of Nation: Iraq is an artificial nation that only dictatorship could keep together, doing justice to Kurds would have been the beginning of a new and better order in Middle East against bullies of the region and partial amends to the damages still done by the obtuse and artificial shape given to the region by the former colonial powers. Let's not forget that the declining British Empire opposed till the last minute the birth of Israel, just to have an idea, they favoured artificial nations drawn on a map by them and France and opposed natural ones born by the will of the citizens. Despite having only partial justice from Occident, Kurds are still friendlier to it than most other peoples there, so the other thing USA should have done is helping maintaining order and security only in Kurdistan, were they aren't hated (if not by an isolated and hated by the people baathist bunch), and let UN troops manage this matter in central and southern Iraq.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

damkira said:

Ann Coulter's books and columns are nothing more than intellectual pornography for conservatives. I would be surprised if even they took her seriously any more.

The statement "Iraq is safer than Detroit," is complete nonsense. Do they have car bombs and IEDs in Detroit?

Have you ever been to Detroit?

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

@ rocketpig and damkira

In Southern Italy we had a lot of car bombs, especially before the most powerful bosses were captured, and once a "camorra" boss in jail even killed a rival boss and ate his liver (raw and without Chianti and fava beans ), but then some of the most boorish Lega Nord supporters always say Southern Italians are Arabs

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!