By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 v.s. 360 (Sony v.s. Microsoft)

agree ^

its competition, i liked it when sony was dominating, because you only really had to own one console, well in my opinion. now if you just own a ps3 ur missing out on 360 titles and vice versa. honestly if ps3 and 360 came to the market at the same time i doubt the 360 would be at 10m.

Around the Network
CrazzyMan said:
Because M$ is EVIL. =)
GREEDY, makes you pay for online gaming, which meant to be FREE.
Makes you overpay for HDD.
Creates SHITY hardware.
More over, M$ BUYS games, which were meant tro be ps3 games. IF NOT M$ - Ace Combat 6, Eternal Sonata, Lost Planet, Star Ocean 4, Bioshock would be released on PS3 at SAME time with x360 version.
M$ is BAD. M$ is BAD for gaming.
Star Ocean 4 was confirmed to be 360 only because Sony was slow with dev packs.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

CrazzyMan said:
Because M$ is EVIL. =)
Creates SHITY hardware.
More over, M$ BUYS games, which were meant tro be ps3 games. IF NOT M$ - Ace Combat 6, Eternal Sonata, Lost Planet, Star Ocean 4, Bioshock would be released on PS3 at SAME time with x360 version.

I guess you feel the same about MGS4 being PS3 exclusive?

those darn sony pigs, why can't it be 360 as well, ( wait a minute, I don't care about this)

....good day to all 

my signature went on strike, it's demanding 3% raise

CrazzyMan said:
Because M$ is EVIL. =)
Creates S*** hardware.

Wow. This just confirms my post exactly.

-1 for Crazzy.

@dnnc, MGS4 couldn`t been done on MGS4 at SAME quality.
The game need 50GB space and HDD, x360 don`t have both things in each model.
Why MGS4 should be DOWNGRADED, just because x360 CAN`T HOLD such game?
GTA4 already was dongraded because of x360. Getaway3 OWNS it GRAPHICALY.

@starcraft, yeah, ok, you can remove that game. But all other were JUST bought. And THAT is BAD for GAMING.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network
Snake612 said:

I want to know why is there so much heat between the ps3 and the 360. Their both equally great systems. Why do both companies hate each other and why is microsoft trying so hard to put playstation out of the gaming industry for good? That's the question that's been on my mind through this whole generation.

Because ever since SONY entered the console market they dominated and many people left PC gaming which MSOFT relied on for a way of income. Then when SONY released the PS2, MSOFT was determined not to let their PC Gaming division die out so they released the XBOX in a hope to kill the Playstation brand off, but SONY destroyed them and their Xbox division thus making a huge loss for MSOFT.

This generation they released early in hopes to yet again kill off the Playstation brand but it hasnt been working so far. I mean they supported HD DVD and SONY's BLU-RAY in their PS3 demolished MSOFT's HD-DVD support. They tried to compete with SONY on a hardware level but just made a piece of crap in terms of hardware that over heats alot. Many people belive that X360 has a superior software line up and in some ways it does, but then again you have realise they have released their biggest game HALO 3 last year and the X360 still cant outsell the PS3 despite it being $200 dollars cheaper in the US and nearly half the price in the EU and it has a superior online. They have nearly used all of their cards this generation but SONY has touched 1 (MGS4). Thats why they will always find away to disrespect SONY and thats why SONY lets their games do the talking (literally, MGS4 takes the piss out of the X360)

Hope thats answered your question.

CrazzyMan said:
... And THAT is BAD for GAMING.

games and consoles not making a profit is bad or gaming.

and if you look at current events, that would make PS3 thorn #1 

my signature went on strike, it's demanding 3% raise

@Gamer4eva

you own, dude.

Because secretly, Microsoft and Sony are totally gay for each other.

Actually, it was Sony that declared war on Microsoft. Had they kept their mouth shut and or cooperated in partnership with Microsoft, they would have been in an extremely strong position and wouldn't be staring at a 3rd place position and 3 billion in the red.

Perhaps you could say, it was crazy ken that started it all.

Tease.