By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 v.s. 360 (Sony v.s. Microsoft)

I want to know why is there so much heat between the ps3 and the 360. Their both equally great systems. Why do both companies hate each other and why is microsoft trying so hard to put playstation out of the gaming industry for good? That's the question that's been on my mind through this whole generation.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network

Because people generally hate their rivals?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Can people stop making threads...questioning fanboyism as this site wouldn't be very active without it..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Your first misconception is that Microsoft is trying so hard to get Sony out of gaming, and that thats the cause of the "heat."

Every company wishes their competition was weakened. End/

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Snake612 said:

I want to know why is there so much heat between the ps3 and the 360. Their both equally great systems. Why do both companies hate each other and why is microsoft trying so hard to put playstation out of the gaming industry for good? That's the question that's been on my mind through this whole generation.

PROFIT. MARKET LEADERSHIP. EGO. It is just the nature of capitalism - the free market system. No-one goes into business to be second. The windfall that comes your way when your main competitor falls over is massive. However, it is bad for the consumer. We should rejoice in the competition. The tribal nature of the individuals who align themselves with one company or the other is far more intriguing. It is almost like they have some 'shares' in the outcome. They are corporations who care only about you as a means of making a profit.

COMING SOON!

Around the Network

Well, this rivalry started back when the ps1 was on the market. MS was worried about the impact on their PC gaming as the PS was a major threat. When the PS2 came they felt they needed to enter the console market and take Sony head on. Xbox - comes from Direct X and they were going to call it Direct X -(either way the name sucks both ways). Ever since then, MS is trying to take down the Playstation - and we can see what great lengths they will go to in their attempts i.e. early release, exclusives and paying devs to make their game exclusive or timed exclusive or even extra content. Sadly none of their plans worked - RROD, No impact on Extra content - exclusives are'nt a major threat.

All in All - MS started this war!!!

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

finalsquall said:
Well, this rivalry started back when the ps1 was on the market. MS was worried about the impact on their PC gaming as the PS was a major threat. When the PS2 came they felt they needed to enter the console market and take Sony head on. Xbox - comes from Direct X and they were going to call it Direct X -(either way the name sucks both ways). Ever since then, MS is trying to take down the Playstation - and we can see what great lengths they will go to in their attempts i.e. early release, exclusives and paying devs to make their game exclusive or timed exclusive or even extra content. Sadly none of their plans worked - RROD, No impact on Extra content - exclusives are a major threat.

Actually.  By your logic.  MS started GAMING (lol) with the PC and Sony started the WAR with the PS1.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

"The tribal nature of the individuals who align themselves with one company or the other is far more intriguing."

Yeah, this part of human behaviour is one I don´t particularly enjoy, must fight this internal feeling.

A lot of people take their love for a company waaaay too far, despite not having anything invested in it.

Yeah, that's why i dont like the xbox or Microsoft for that matter. They just milk money from all people and are not so into what people want. Everything is all about the profit for them.

starcraft said:
finalsquall said:
Well, this rivalry started back when the ps1 was on the market. MS was worried about the impact on their PC gaming as the PS was a major threat. When the PS2 came they felt they needed to enter the console market and take Sony head on. Xbox - comes from Direct X and they were going to call it Direct X -(either way the name sucks both ways). Ever since then, MS is trying to take down the Playstation - and we can see what great lengths they will go to in their attempts i.e. early release, exclusives and paying devs to make their game exclusive or timed exclusive or even extra content. Sadly none of their plans worked - RROD, No impact on Extra content - exclusives are a major threat.

Actually. By your logic. MS started GAMING (lol) with the PC and Sony started the WAR with the PS1.

What!?  MS are software based and they rely on pc gaming and other programs like windows. PC gaming is important to MS and still is i.e. games for windows and 360 pc titles.  Look up the history of xbox and you'll see it's true what I wrote.

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil