By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - [Spoiler Warning] Question for those who have finished MGS 4

In the first credit roll, one of the cast is:

Voice of God: Hideo Kojima

I don't remember hearing a "voice of God" in the game (or maybe that's only in the Japanese version?) or maybe Kojima is just pulling our legs?

Also, how many of you have heard the Metal Gear Integral Podcast on the iPod? I thought this was a smart move. Cannot wait for more :)

No foreign sky protected me,
No stranger's wing shielded my face.
I stand as witness to the common lot,
survivor of that time, that place.

- From 'Requiem' by Anna Akhmatova

Around the Network

I was actually wondering about that too, as I couldn't recall that after having played through it.

I'd comment but I can't highlight from a PS3 browser so I have no idea what the blackened text is...had I not beaten the game I wouldn't have clicked on this thread anyway, so why the shading?

Just to further protect those who have entered by mistake (so no one would complain on we've spoiled the game for them).

You can send me a message and I will put the answer shaded here if you want. Or just go ahead and put the comment.

Most likely just an easter egg. I did complete the game and saw it but just figured it was a kojima joke

Owner Of: PS1 PS2 PS3 PSP NES GB GBA GC WII XBOX

Around the Network

Watching the credits roll was great. It revealed a lot about the work that went into it. And I also wondered at the voice of god listing. Still no idea? Anyone???

I started again yesterday and watched a completely different into ad to the excercise ad. It was an interview with David Hayter wearing an eyepatch. Any other intros people have seen? I've heard of another one with giant woman but ave yet to see it. Maybe at the start of my third play through :p

I could've sworn that I saw the opening song as having lyrics by Kojima.

The intro is the most batshit insane part of the entire game. And thats saying a lot.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

^^^
You mean "Love Theme"?

Yeah, Kojima wrote those lyrics in Japanese and they were then translated into Hebrew.

Here is a scan from the OST booklet (click on the image for a bigger version):

And here is an English translation, courtesy of Metal Gear Wikia:

Closing my eyes to the sound of gunfire
Uttering a roar
In a flash I am switched into despair
Everything for the one who lives inside the nightmare
Missing from the bottom of my heart

Wishing the world that ran out of tears
The heart is already dead
The hope
Missing until it hurts

Lord_Sothoth said:
I started again yesterday and watched a completely different into ad to the excercise ad. It was an interview with David Hayter wearing an eyepatch. Any other intros people have seen? I've heard of another one with giant woman but ave yet to see it. Maybe at the start of my third play through :p

You can change channels by pressing buttons.  There are 5 channels and Hideo 1/2 (Video 1/2).

And I was also wondering about the Voice of God bit after watching the credits (something I rarely do).