By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do graphics matter?

@ctk495, I'm talking about having the best graphics technically. A game could look good while not being impressive graphically. So you comparing by showing a picture of a fat girl doesn't work.

Around the Network

Well for me it ADDS to the Epic-ness & atmosphere of the game

but a great art style will do....example SMG, SSBB...and so on

but for example
Star Wars : Force Unleashed - without a shred of doubt a Ps3 purchase as the EPIC feel can be brought through brilliant grfx..ofcourse star wars music in 5.1 surround sound also helps a lot

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

@Everybody saying it makes the atmosphere of the game better. After a while do you care anymore? It seems to me that my eyes adjust to a game with bad graphics and the atmosphere would be the same with a game with good graphics. As long as it doesn't affect gameplay. Nobody answered my question yet. Does your favorite game have bad graphics?

Lol, you must be ignoring me SC ; ; I answered. Anyhow, Graphics are all well and good, but people get too obsessed with them.

The Mother 3 Fan Translation is done! Everyone go get it right now! (Mother3.fobby.net)

Play Earthbound for the SNES ; ; Do it, it's awesome!

Proud participater of this year's Wii Secret Santa event! Hopefully you'll join the merriment next year!
Link below because I fail at embedding urls.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51169&page=1

Tokoro said:
Lol, you must be ignoring me SC ; ; I answered. Anyhow, Graphics are all well and good, but people get too obsessed with them.

Oh sorry.

Around the Network

Nope. Kingdom Hearts II.

It-it wouldn't be the same on the SNES.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

finally someone has brought out this issue. In way graphics do matter to a certain point but they are not what sells games. You know sells? Gameplay and how the game works with the system. Thats all that matters.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

If a developer doesn't care if their games look like crap then why would they care about game play.

Excellent game play and excellent graphics (also sound) are, more often than not, brothers  and not enemies  in the gaming industry. Even on the Wii some of the best looking games has the best game play as well, SMG, MP3,etc.

It's no accident that both MGS4 and CoD4 has both great graphics and game play.

dtewi said:
Nope. Kingdom Hearts II.

It-it wouldn't be the same on the SNES.

Of course becaue the snes couldn't do 3d. That affects the gameplay, but if KH2 was on the n64 do you think the game would be different?  Maybe less enemies onscreen, but that isn't anything related to graphics rather than the power of the system. 

But you're saying that the 2D graphics affect the gameplay.

That answers your question.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you