By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4- Negative-Reviews (Nega-review)

It's obviously exagerated but I do agree with some things (I'm in act 2):

-"As the game starts, with its fairly generic next-gen textures and desert battlefield setting, you can't help feeling that you could be playing the latest Call of Duty, or Assassin's Creed."
-"The luxurious length and mind-numbing detail of the cut-scenes and codec conversations [means] you could put the pad down for almost half the game's ample length."
-"the further you play into the game, the less you actually play."

But hey! I guess the game is made for fans! :)

I'm not A SUPER fan, I just bought the game because I think it's a good game, not a average or super game, just plain good.

By the end of this generation in 2011 we will have:

18.890.000 + (174 x 120.000) = 39.770.000 for XBOX360
12.610.000 + (174 x 170.000) = 42.190.000 for PS3

Around the Network
shio said:
brute said:
again they mention 90 minute mark,i dont think its true,ign said the longest is 45 mins

The reviewer maybe didn't finish the game entirelly, because it has been stated by several people that one of the last cutscenes does come near the 90 minute mark.
Again, I've played through the game and not a single cutscene even approaches 90 minutes. The ending is somewhere close to an hour.

~5 paragraphs of 'cutscenes are loooong'. Good job.

SchumiF1 said:
shio said:
brute said:
again they mention 90 minute mark,i dont think its true,ign said the longest is 45 mins

The reviewer maybe didn't finish the game entirelly, because it has been stated by several people that one of the last cutscenes does come near the 90 minute mark.
Again, I've played through the game and not a single cutscene even approaches 90 minutes. The ending is somewhere close to an hour.

2/3 of 90 minutes is still close, especially when it's still rare for games to have cutscene averages longer than 20 minutes.

Note, I wrote "rare", not none.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs