By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will MGS4 overtake OoT in rankings?

A game like MGS will never be top of gamerankings. It is more love or hate then others games.

Around the Network
blink182 said:
From what i've played of the game it definitely deserves to dethrone gta4 (reviewers got far too carried away with the hype and reviewed it far, far too highly) but nothing will ever dethrone or even deserve to dethrone oot in the foreseeable future, oot is still the most revolutionary game in the last 20 years, the only game that could be described as revolutionary in the last few years is wii sports. To answer your question, no.

while i agree  i must say that i feel mario 64 was more revolutionary than ocarina of time

No, in another 2 gens down the track OoT will still be thought of as the greatest game ever and mgs4 will just be one of many action/stealth games.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

No, but then u have to look at how many people reviewed OOT, it was like 30. Now a days every game has like 60 reviews attached to it therefore making it alot harder to top OOT, so in my opinion OOT shouldnt be treated as the best game ever as it was reviewed by so little people.

Nah, eventually the latecoming reviews from ethics-worried parties will shoot down the average like it happens with all violent games.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network

no sorry if you want that to happen.

Only Nintendo fans care about OoT hanging onto top place. Sooner or later OoT will fall.

BTW: I had only heard of OoT when I found out about it on VGChartz and the nth threads of it holding top spot, losing top spot. blah blah blah. 

dnnc said:
umm, no.
Ocarina of Time was a flawless game, with the most important aspect that makes a video game great.
and that is REPLAY VALUE, i'm sure MSG4 is a great game but it'll ended up like all the rest, 1 month playing it, 1 months praising it, 1 more gathering dust, and then at the Gamestop used section

OoT is flawless in the basics of a video game, but lacks a lot in the substance department.  There's no feeling or purpose in the pacing of the game.  You're just kind of there so to speak. 

Replay value is not the most important thing in a game.  It keeps it lasting, but it depends on how rewarding and useful differencials(ways to play the game, sidequests and minigames etc.) in the game are.  

After beating MGS4 I can honestly tell you that this game won't be gathering dust in hardly anyone's collection for a long time.   

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

Not a chance

Currently Playing: - Pokemon Sun - 3DS

3DS Friend Code: - 4339-3849-0940

as ive said before game review sites are a waist of time, the only thing that matters is your own opinion of a game.