By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will MGS4 overtake OoT in rankings?

It got two 10s from the biggest gaming sites. This is enough and if you really want to count then average of every review is around 96-97, easyly the best exclusive.

Around the Network

No. Never.

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"

MGS 4 has a 80%.

That means to even out that one, it needs 7 perfect scores, to be on level with OoT.

MGS has 4 80%, it needs more than 25 perfect scores to be on level with OoT.

GTA IV Ps3 had about 30 perfect scores.

That means that the rest of MGS 4's scores would have to even at 9.7. That's though.

4 80% has already destroyed MGS 4's changes. GTA IV Ps3 only had 1 score below 90%, at 88%.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

well..... i crunched some numbers and if MGS4 were to hypothetically only get 100's from here on out, it would end up with a max score of 98.2% with 70 reviews. It would also have a max score of 98.45% at 80 reveiws.

so, since we all can all agree that it is highly doubtful that MGS4 will get all 100's from here on out, that it is most likely that it will not beat OoT.

EDIT: I used Gamerankings numbers

Switch Friend Code - 3664 - 9964 - 9777

Smash Ultimate Alias - Happy Lion

Mains: Donkey Kong, King K. Rool, Diddy Kong

From what i've played of the game it definitely deserves to dethrone gta4 (reviewers got far too carried away with the hype and reviewed it far, far too highly) but nothing will ever dethrone or even deserve to dethrone oot in the foreseeable future, oot is still the most revolutionary game in the last 20 years, the only game that could be described as revolutionary in the last few years is wii sports. To answer your question, no.

nintendo and sega fan since i was old enough to hold a game controller.

note: my games collection on my profile is only 20ish% complete, i've got a boatload of 360,saturn and dreamcast games to add and a few ps3 games, thanks :)

Around the Network

No way.

no, but its really impressive that IGN gave it a perfect 10 though. 2nd 10 they've given out in like 1 1/2 months!

10's have become questionable nowadays. They gave GTAIV a ten even though it had some flaws.

But MGS4 is apparently perfect to them. Absolutely NO flaws, right?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

I tried act1 on retailer today
and I can say, despite looking very good without ANY doubt, It doesn't seem to deserve a 10/10 without ANY doubt.

Time to Work !

umm, no.
Ocarina of Time was a flawless game, with the most important aspect that makes a video game great.
and that is REPLAY VALUE, i'm sure MSG4 is a great game but it'll ended up like all the rest, 1 month playing it, 1 months praising it, 1 more gathering dust, and then at the Gamestop used section

my signature went on strike, it's demanding 3% raise