By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What games make you happy? Or The overlooked factor in gaming

Conquers bad furday

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

Around the Network

Carmageddon

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Mario Galaxy, Mario 64, Zelda OoT

Mario 64, SSBB, Ouendan

I could name a bunch of older games, but that's only nostalgia talking. More recently (as in, the past couple of years):

Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain - Hearing Simon Templeman be... well... awesome.

Half Life 2 - Messing around with the Gravity Gun. I don't care what people say; I loved that thing, and I'd play another 20-hour game just to kill stuff with it some more.

The Darkness - One of the best stories ever told in video game form. Plus, you can press a button to rip someone's heart out.

Rez HD - Stage 5, especially. The combination of the music and visuals are just amazing.

No More Heroes - Realizing all of the little in-jokes and intricacies in the game, from fourth-wall breaking, to homages to classic Hong Kong cinema, to the numerous potshots at everything from the GTA series to hardcore gaming nerds.

Super Mario Galaxy - Just everything in that game. No game could be more perfect, IMO. Well, except maybe Planescape: Torment.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom