By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New Fable 2 Screens. One sexy looking game.

Skeeuk said:
starcraft said:
Jandre002 said:
You know MGS4 came out yesterday right? So while the day before yesterday this would have been "sexy" it has now been downgraded to "damn near sexy" because the bar has been raised by approx. 6.25 sex points.

In all seriousness though, that looks pretty good for an RPG.
Graphically MGS4 isn't that impressive. Or did you mean overall sexiness? Not even Sony fans have been hyping MGS4's graphics.

"Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is the most technically stunning video game ever made. gamespot"

mgs4 graphics are the best of this generation, just try out the 1st stage, they way konami have done it is staggering. in fact even the install screen is amoungst the best graphics you will see this generation the lighting from snakes ciggerette is awsome lol

still though fable 2 looks good, we will have to wait until it arrives to see how it turns out, surely will be a good game i reckon its gotta be better than the 1st fable. graphics on fable will be brilliant although it wont be gt5p uncharted or mgs4 but still it should still look good

Lets not go to far here. MGS4 does look good, but there are games already out that look better. Why? Well I spent 5 hours playing it round my mates yesterday and 2 things were really noticeable. Screen tear, and poor textures. There were far to many surfaces covered in what seemed to be old textures. That aside the game is 9/10 for me. It is a good game. 

Around the Network
Gobias said:
Uncharted's environments are infinitely better than Oblivion or Fable from looking at those screens. No comparison.

Oblivions are nicer than Fables though.
 Sorry strongly disagree. Out of the photos your refering to, the first Fable 2 shot has alot more detail and colour and lighting than either Uncharted or Oblivion. 

selnor said:

Gobias said:
Uncharted's environments are infinitely better than Oblivion or Fable from looking at those screens. No comparison.

Oblivions are nicer than Fables though.
Sorry strongly disagree. Out of the photos your refering to, the first Fable 2 shot has alot more detail and colour and lighting than either Uncharted or Oblivion.

And this despite the fact that Uncharted, with less interactive and vibrant environments, lends itself more to screenshots than Fable 2 does.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
Gobias said:

I was talking about the gameplay (it even says gameplay in the URL) video, I don't see how different videos are going to change the graphics though, so I guess you have conceded.

Edit: http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox-360-hires/6855/Fable-2-Gameplay-HD/ That is the one I am talking about. Since you asked me to discuss the "gameplay" video this is obviously what I assumed you meant.

Thats not a gameplay clip thats a trailer.

The other one is a ten minute long demonstration of co-op.

Having played Uncharted and watched that gameplay clip (which at the time it was taken was still 8 months from release, so it will get better) I can honestly say Fable 2 looks better.

Obviously I am going to go by the title (esp. when it says GAMEPLAY in the URL), and not the content of the video.

Clearly all the logic and 20/20 vision in the world will not help to overturn your ridiculous opinion, so it is an exercise in futility arguing with you. But seriously, I suggest you consult an optometrist.

On a side note, I find it rather amusing that you so often tell people to "argue with your points" rather than just dismiss you. Yet when someone gives you a solid argument, you either dodge (There was no moon in the movie I watched, so ha!) or ignore the points completely. Rather than refuting my observations about this games graphics, you just tell me that the video I discussed is a "trailer" rather than a gameplay clip (which I would assume would attempt to show off the best the game has to offer since its trying to entice people into purchasing the game.) So if the trailer fails to impress, I don't see how the co-op demo would be any better.

Anyways, I suggest you stop telling people to argue with your points instead of just labeling you as a troll or ignoring you, because you're starting to look an awful lot like a hypocrite. 

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

Gobias said:

Obviously I am going to go by the title (esp. when it says GAMEPLAY in the URL), and not the content of the video.

Clearly all the logic and 20/20 vision in the world will not help to overturn your ridiculous opinion, so it is an exercise in futility arguing with you. But seriously, I suggest you consult an optometrist.

On a side note, I find it rather amusing that you so often tell people to "argue with your points" rather than just dismiss you. Yet when someone gives you a solid argument, you either dodge (There was no moon in the movie I watched, so ha!) or ignore the points completely. Rather than refuting my observations about this games graphics, you just tell me that the video I discussed is a "trailer" rather than a gameplay clip (which I would assume would attempt to show off the best the game has to offer since its trying to entice people into purchasing the game.) So if the trailer fails to impress, I don't see how the co-op demo would be any better.

Anyways, I suggest you stop telling people to argue with your points instead of just labeling you as a troll or ignoring you, because you're starting to look an awful lot like a hypocrite.

So regardless of the fact that many people in this thread (at least half) have agreed with me that Fable 2 looks resolutely better, you feel comfortable accusing me of having a "ridiculous opinion" and suggesting that I "consult an optometrist?"

I apologize for the fact that the links were incorrectly labelled by the website.  However, given I repeatedely alluded to a 'gameplay' trailer of considerable length, I assumed you, like everyone else in this thread, would have no trouble figuring out which one I was referring too.

Its somewhat ironic.  Not only do you accuse me of not refuting the observations you made about graphics, which I clearly do in the last paragraph of the post you quoted, but you also blatantly admit to not engaging with my subject matter and simply brushing it aside with the comment "I don't see how the co-op demo would be any better."

Again, your overly aggressive tone is highly unneccessary.  This is a games forum after all. 

Around the Network
starcraft said:
TheRealMafoo said:
A quick reminder :)

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28044.html?type=

Oh, and the speed is a lot higher then anything that would be done in Fable 2. So that in itself is impressive.

Just watched the trailer.  I hadn't seen that footage before.  It was very pretty, but I don't think it was prettier than Fable 2.  Was it just me or was the environment rather static?  Trees fell over if you shot at them, but it felt like only certain ones could fall over, and that they could only fall in a certain direction.

Likewise explosions, it just didn't feel like there was any variation.

In contrast, the Fable 2 environment seems much more alive, as though the world lives and breathes a little more.  Not to say for a moment the PS3 won't be capable of the same graphics a year or so from now, but that Fable footage looked as good as the Uncharted trailer even though the Fable 2 stuff was 8 months from launch.  

I understand that Uncharted is the PS3's graphical darling, but it can, will, and has been surpassed by things shown for both consoles. 

Uncharted will be passed by some game (in some ways MGS4 looks better), but it has not yet, and Fable 2 will not be it. Sorry, it just does not look remotely as good.

You can say it 10 more times if you like, but that still won't make it true ;) 

Actually, I take that back. From a pure visual point of view, GT5:p looks better then Uncharted.

It's not as good of a game as I would like it to be, but it's visuals are unmatched by any game.

EDIT: On a console ;) (Crysis fans please go away :p) 

TheRealMafoo said:

Uncharted will be passed by some game (in some ways MGS4 looks better), but it has not yet, and Fable 2 will not be it. Sorry, it just does not look remotely as good.

You can say it 10 more times if you like, but that still won't make it true ;)

Did you watch the co-op demo?  The environment is far more vibrant than Uncharted's was (based off my gametime impressions and the trailer you linked too).  Many people in this thread seem to agree with me.  Put simply, it just looks better, and that was 8 months out from launch.

FYI people, the co-op demo is captured off screen, not a direct feed.   And it STILL looks amazing.

starcraft said:
Gobias said:

So regardless of the fact that many people in this thread (at least half) have agreed with me that Fable 2 looks resolutely better, you feel comfortable accusing me of having a "ridiculous opinion" and suggesting that I "consult an optometrist?"

I apologize for the fact that the links were incorrectly labelled by the website. However, given I repeatedely alluded to a 'gameplay' trailer of considerable length, I assumed you, like everyone else in this thread, would have no trouble figuring out which one I was referring too.

Its somewhat ironic. Not only do you accuse me of not refuting the observations you made about graphics, which I clearly do in the last paragraph of the post you quoted, but you also blatantly admit to not engaging with my subject matter and simply brushing it aside with the comment "I don't see how the co-op demo would be any better."

Again, your overly aggressive tone is highly unneccessary. This is a games forum after all.

Yes, you're right. ~3 people directly agreed with you on the fact that Fable looks better than Uncharted, that's well over half.

Except ~7 people agreed that Uncharted looks better.  (Forgive me if my count is off, it's late, but the point remains)

You post said; ""Tell me how the gameplay video I linked to ended?"

I naturally assumed that the video you were talking about was the one called gameplay, but as I have already said the video differences are irrelevent so I won't dwell on this moot point. Perhaps if this was a gameplay discussion this would mean something, but we are talking in respect to graphics here, and obviously a trailer is supposed to give a better picture of the graphics then a gameplay demo.

If you think refuting my points about this game encompasses you saying "I have played uncharted and this 8 month old footage which I assume will be improved makes me think it will look better" then you are seriously wrong.

That's stating an opinion, you've refuted nothing. I clearly explained why the subject matters of the video is irrelevent, if you cannot understand that then I'm afraid it is you who are at fault.

Kind of sad that an aussie considers this aggressive.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

TheRealMafoo said:

Actually, I take that back. From a pure visual point of view, GT5:p looks better then Uncharted.

It's not as good of a game as I would like it to be, but it's visuals are unmatched by any game.

EDIT: On a console ;) (Crysis fans please go away :p)

Actually, speaking frankly, GT5:P and PGR4 look better than most games on any system.  But thats always been the case with racing games (that are not sandbox titles) as the console only needs to render a tiny field of play (comparitively speaking).