By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New Fable 2 Screens. One sexy looking game.

starcraft said:
Gobias said:
starcraft said:
obieslut said:
I am sorry but you lot are seriously looking at them pics with you fanboy eyes. wink

I really do think that Uncharted looks better, i mean come on look at the ruins picture, no contest at all.

I was going to say that fabale 2 looked really good untill i seen the high res picks

Have you watched the gameplay video I linked too?

The environments in Fable 2 smack Uncharted.

In motion, the character models in Fable 2 actually look awesome. Completely different art style to Uncharted though.

One thing I love about Fable is the awesome building designs.

You seriously can't admit one fault about this game, can you?

The graphics are not its strong point, every aspect of Uncharted's graphics destroys this game, if you want to put Uncharted's graphics down, pick a comparable game next time. Uncharted is in a completely different league.

There are games on the 360 with WAY better graphics than Fable 2, so please don't try to it compare to some of the best graphics on the PS3.

Tell me how the gameplay video I linked to ended?

I ask because I don't believe you watched it.

*Sneaks off to watch the ending*

Around the Network

I did watch that clip, it made me think of updated World of Warcraft graphics.

Seriously, look at the clouds and the moon in that video, they're pretty awful.

The buildings are vaguely detailed at best but look good from a measurable distance. The environments are average, the foliage looks synthetic and out of place, and when viewing the trees from a distance, they stand out like a sore thumb.

Seriously, why wouldn't you tout it's gameplay or something that this game will actually have some strength in? This game doesn't have terrible graphics, but honestly, Oblivion is probably better.

This is not a small, linear game which has an overflowing potential for amazing graphics. So I don't understand why you're making the comparison of a game like Fable 2 to Uncharted, it makes no sense.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

Gobias said:

The buildings are vaguely detailed at best but look good from a measurable distance. The environments are average, the foliage looks synthetic and out of place, and when viewing the trees from a distance, they stand out like a sore thumb.

Seriously, why wouldn't you tout it's gameplay or something that this game will actually have some strength in? This game doesn't have terrible graphics, but honestly, Oblivion is probably better.

This is not a small, linear game which has an overflowing potential for amazing graphics. So I don't understand why you're making the comparison of a game like Fable 2 to Uncharted, it makes no sense.

Er, the video I'm talking about is the GDC one.  It takes place entirely in daylight.

Yeah nice try. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
Gobias said:

Er, the video I'm talking about is the GDC one. It takes place entirely in daylight.

Yeah nice try.

I was talking about the gameplay (it even says gameplay in the URL) video, I don't see how different videos are going to change the graphics though, so I guess you have conceded.

Edit: http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox-360-hires/6855/Fable-2-Gameplay-HD/ That is the one I am talking about. Since you asked me to discuss the "gameplay" video this is obviously what I assumed you meant. 

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

Gobias said:
starcraft said:
obieslut said:
I am sorry but you lot are seriously looking at them pics with you fanboy eyes. wink

I really do think that Uncharted looks better, i mean come on look at the ruins picture, no contest at all.

I was going to say that fabale 2 looked really good untill i seen the high res picks

Have you watched the gameplay video I linked too?

The environments in Fable 2 smack Uncharted.

In motion, the character models in Fable 2 actually look awesome. Completely different art style to Uncharted though.

One thing I love about Fable is the awesome building designs.

You seriously can't admit one fault about this game, can you?

Of course he can't because so far this game looks near perfect. Not just the amazing grafix and art-style, but also the story, atmosphere, gameplay, co-op, sound, music and that it is more open-world and less linear.

Fable 2 looks like a true +95% AAA block-buster 5million-seller title.

Around the Network
Gobias said:

I was talking about the gameplay (it even says gameplay in the URL) video, I don't see how different videos are going to change the graphics though, so I guess you have conceded.

Edit: http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox-360-hires/6855/Fable-2-Gameplay-HD/ That is the one I am talking about. Since you asked me to discuss the "gameplay" video this is obviously what I assumed you meant.

Thats not a gameplay clip thats a trailer. 

The other one is a ten minute long demonstration of co-op.

Having played Uncharted and watched that gameplay clip (which at the time it was taken was still 8 months from release, so it will get better) I can honestly say Fable 2 looks better. 

Nice screens, makes me more interested in this game.

I watched the video. It looks good, but Uncharted blows it away in the visuals department. Go take a Jet Ski up the river, or have a gunfight in the ruins... nothing has come close to it this Gen, and nothing on the horizon will.

A quick reminder :)

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28044.html?type=

Oh, and the speed is a lot higher then anything that would be done in Fable 2. So that in itself is impressive.

TheRealMafoo said:
A quick reminder :)

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28044.html?type=

Oh, and the speed is a lot higher then anything that would be done in Fable 2. So that in itself is impressive.

Just watched the trailer.  I hadn't seen that footage before.  It was very pretty, but I don't think it was prettier than Fable 2.  Was it just me or was the environment rather static?  Trees fell over if you shot at them, but it felt like only certain ones could fall over, and that they could only fall in a certain direction.

Likewise explosions, it just didn't feel like there was any variation.

In contrast, the Fable 2 environment seems much more alive, as though the world lives and breathes a little more.  Not to say for a moment the PS3 won't be capable of the same graphics a year or so from now, but that Fable footage looked as good as the Uncharted trailer even though the Fable 2 stuff was 8 months from launch.  

I understand that Uncharted is the PS3's graphical darling, but it can, will, and has been surpassed by things shown for both consoles.