By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New Fable 2 Screens. One sexy looking game.

Rock_on_2008 said:
starcraft said:
Once again whilst the environments look like the best seen on a console so far, the character models retain Fable one's "blockiness." Thats either good or bad depending on what you think of the style.

The Fable "blockiness" is part of the art style of the characters within the game. Fable 's strongest points will have to be its gameplay and storyline.

Gameplay is very important in a game. there have been some good looking games with top graphics with average gameplay. Crysis for PC is a fine example of that.

Another strongpoint for Fable is clearly its environments.  If you check out the gameplay vids, you can see it looks better than any graphical environment on consoles thus far.  Including Gears, ME and Uncharted.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
The blockiness of the character models is bad no matter what your style is. Unless the person looking at it is biased toward the game, and the console is on...

Its an open world, console... Not a tunnel game. No point comparing MGS4 to this, compare Oblivion or something if you want to make urself useful.

Since i've played Crysis, I shall be suitably unimpressed by the raw technical performance of any console/console game. Its all about art direction and style from here on out. This game looks good from that perspective.

Tease.

lol r we looking at the same screenshots? it really dosent look that impressive..... the charecter models are almost world of warcraft....

Squilliam said:
DMeisterJ said:
The blockiness of the character models is bad no matter what your style is. Unless the person looking at it is biased toward the game, and the console is on...

Its an open world, console... Not a tunnel game. No point comparing MGS4 to this, compare Oblivion or something if you want to make urself useful.

Since i've played Crysis, I shall be suitably unimpressed by the raw technical performance of any console/console game. Its all about art direction and style from here on out. This game looks good from that perspective.

Oblivion looked better XD

starcraft said:
IF they release it on PC it wont be for a LONG TIME. IF memory serves there was a big gap between console and PC releases for Fable original.

Also, Halo 3 was meant to be on PC by now, but we haven't heard a thing. Halo Wars has been confirmed as not coming to PC. I think MS first party is moving AWAY from dual releases.

Fable for the PC came out a year after the Xbox version.  I would expect Fable 2 to do the same.

Halo is normally 2 years before a PC release.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
Jandre002 said:
You know MGS4 came out yesterday right? So while the day before yesterday this would have been "sexy" it has now been downgraded to "damn near sexy" because the bar has been raised by approx. 6.25 sex points.

In all seriousness though, that looks pretty good for an RPG.
Graphically MGS4 isn't that impressive.  Or did you mean overall sexiness?  Not even Sony fans have been hyping MGS4's graphics.

LOL im gonna hype it up right now.... the charecter models in MGS4 r the best i have ever seen in a game...

DMeisterJ have you sold your 360 or not???

No, I still have my XBOX 360.

starcraft said:
Once again whilst the environments look like the best seen on a console so far, the character models retain Fable one's "blockiness." Thats either good or bad depending on what you think of the style.

Really? Background doesn't look that great, its nice, but Uncharted had better enviroment grahpics. Still would love to have fable 2, if its longer than the first one.

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Kratos said:
starcraft said:

Really? Background doesn't look that great, its nice, but Uncharted had better enviroment grahpics. Still would love to have fable 2, if its longer than the first one.

Watch the GDC gameplay vids.  The environments and lighting are incredible.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS