By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How strongly do you favor a system?

For me,

Consoles
PS3=360>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wii

I don't hate Nintendo as a company and I love Mario and Zelda. But, the Wii was very disappointing to me compared to NES, SNES, N64, and GameCube. Controls are usually difficult to use, third party makes alot of crud, and Nintendo first party is a facelift from the Gamecube era. I don't at all care about Wii Fit, Wii Play, and Wii Sports. I'm not into the casual stuff.

PS3 has very nice hardware and MGS4 is the best game of this generation so far. Feels "next-gen" in every aspect - gameplay, graphics, etc. I'm a big fan of MGS and FF.

Xbox 360, while I could care less about their big ones - Gears and Halo, it does have most of the jRPGs I enjoy playing. I also like the Itagaki stuff. The hardware is shit, though.

As for the Corporations

Sony=Nintendo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MS

Sony and Nintendo play the game fairly. Even though Sony was arrogant at the beginning of this gen, now days Kaz Hirai doesn't mind admitting to the faults at the beginning of the gen. Some of the people under him like Jack Tretton and David Reeves are annoying. You can't blame them - they have to keep their job. While I don't like Nintendo's casual direction this time around, they did fairly market the product and got their keep the right way.

Microsoft, however, is pretty bad in their monopolistic practices. I've had a friend who worked there, so I know since he told me all about it. Also, their products are generally crappy - especially Vista and the new Office. Even though the jRPGs are on the system, I only seeing it being bad for the genre eventually because alot of the loyal Japanese fanbase of the genre is just going to be angry with the third partie's acceptance of MS moneyhats

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network

very stongly favour ps3.

when i bought mine for £400 many of my friends said dont get one there crap, and all over the net was talk of it being worse than a 3do and its gonna do a dreamcast.

so to sum up, i cant wait till ps3 sales exceed that of 360 simply because i want to knock on the door of some of my buddies and say "HA I TOLD YOU SO"

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...