By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft's announcements at E3 will be 'a bit desperate'

Right now (pending announcements by all three console manufacturers), Microsoft has the "core" better covered than anyone. GeoW2, BK: N&B, Fable 2, Too Human, Halo Wars, Left 4 Dead etc. The ONLY way they could sound desperate for core gamers this holiday season is if anyone of the first five titles I listed were delayed. That, I admit, would be problematic.

All Microsoft needs to do at E3 is show off their industry leading core titles and do everything possible to bring in some non-core gamers.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

I'm more focused on Nintendo, but it will certainly be interesting. I'm curious.

BomberMan08 said:
Golden eye for 360 live as a deal with nintendo has been cut they traded viva pinata on wii and ds for the rights to put goldeneye on live the deal was struck between rare and nintendo.

Wow, thanks for that BomberMan, I needed a laugh.

You think Nintendo would give Microsoft the game that defined console FPS in exchange for a port of a 360 game, when the 360 version still enjoys timed exclusivity? Tell you what, I'll give you this shiny penny in exchange for your house and soul.

As I don't believe in the xmote or a bluray 360, I would have to say it is a casual game, or something to appeal to casual gamers. 

I doubt that any casual effort they try to come out with now will make much of a difference about how people view the system. I know that when people want to buy a 360, they don't get one for XDOGZ and Fusion Frenzy. As for the E3 presentation they have being desperate, we'll see.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

OMG!
HALO WARZ CONFIRMED!

Prediction:
Disney will make KH3 with Nintendo.Yes,KH3 will be a Disney/Nintendo crossover.

Save the industry,Kill a Hardcore gamer

Stopped buying Ubisoft games.Will not buy Red Steel 2.Let them struggle on HD. Click here for a solution:CLICK
ALERT: I have also exposed a UBI'Z'OFT viral marketer in THIS thread.Read my posts, see the set up and watch how everything crumbles on page 8. Please learn from this experience.

Around the Network
Shameless said:

Following talk that Microsoft is to announce two new major games in its E3 press conference, videogaming247 has learnt from trusted sources that the announcements are to be “interesting, partly spectacular and a bit desperate.”

The insider added: “Let’s put it this way: they’re worried the current line-up can’t carry Q4 for the entire Xbox brand in the core market. You’ll laugh when you see what they’re planning.”

http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/06/12/microsoft-to-make-spectacular-desperate-play-in-e3-press-conference/

Can't wait for Master Chief Kart!

So... that rumored Peter Jackson Halo game nd the rumored Wiimote ripoff? Weird.  Eh we'll see what happens when it happens.  It's just good to know that Microsoft is actually going to announce games at the ever losing importance event that is E3.

maybe the 360-lite? sound pretty desperate 2 me

Squilliam said:
If microsoft does anything they will be labeled as desperate.

Even if they say they are desperate, some will knock them for shamelessly playing the humility card.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

it will be desperate, as they have no other choice than to try worthless methods like xbox360-remote or other Wii copying methods...... in order to stand a chance.....

seems than Ms will go all out at E3
(but the result will be bad, as usual, they still don't get it, people don't like Xbox360, i speak generally about people)

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

kingofwale said:
well, let's look at what they have in E3 last year.

Halo 3
they showed off Halo War
they showed off BioShock
they showed off Mass Effect.

that was a HUGE E3 for them. they just don't have that type of of AAA games this time around

especially on this site. Seriously, when APB is showed off by Realtime worlds as an exclusive MMO GTA for 360 people will come crawling back to the crack dealer that is Microsoft. Nintendo may own the casual market worldwide, but Microsoft owns it in America. Until Sony starts selling hardcore games at the same rate, or even 2:1 like MS in NA, they have nothing to worry about. And the others, (europe / Australia) always comes up 1:1 generally. And look at the list of known games coming out this year. Gears of War 2 -> Will be a system seller the same way the first one was. Fable 2-> Don't doubt the power of this title. Banjo and Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts-> I think this one will even attract some of you wii fans. (admit it you are interested.) Viva Piñata 2-> great simulation game that improves upon many of the faults from the first. Too Human-> who knows... it's been in development for so long it could be great... at the same time it could be mediocre, like other games that are in development for too long. Plus we have exclusive DLC too look forward to for GTA IV. (which will also be pimped at E3 no doubt...) I think that the GTA IV content will get some PS3 NA owners to trade their systems in for a 360. IMO.