By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft says no deal - Yahoo saddened by their own epic failure.

Griffin said:
I never knew anyone still used yahoo anymore, last time i used it was about 8 years ago and i don't know a single person that has used it in that long either.

I've always used Yahoo, until the last update of IExplorer a couple months ago. My browser now has two Google search bars built into it lol, so it's kind of hard not to use it.

Around the Network

shares were going to fall. although yahoo should have sold out, i think the loser in that deal would have been ms. ms would not have been able to absorb yahoo well. it would have been a distraction and maybe even a huge loss.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

How on earth does a massive multi-billion dollar company that appears to be heading towards a monopoly get so much love from people? People still treat Google as if it is the underdog despite the fact that its one of the largest companies around.

owned

It is far better for Yahoo not to be stuck to Microsoft. It would fail for a variety of reasons. Yahoo working a deal out with Google is the best case scenario.

Around the Network

I use yahoo email =/

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Just for those who wonder who still does, I do generally use yahoo. I sometimes use google. Sometimes yahoo gets me better results. Sometimes google does, but yahoo is my default.

And Rath, I'm also sometimes amused by the love given to it when many people seem to hate other companies that seem to be in so much control, but oh well. I don't really have any direct investments in either.

A Google-Yahoo deal will never pass Anti-trust investigations. Not sure why people love Google so much, yeah they have a good outlook on life but I do not like the fact that they want every piece of data in the universe under their control. From medical records to business data, they want all of it. Not very smart in my opinion.

ssj12 said:
I'm gald Yahoo decided to make Google stronger before all of this.
No competition is never a good thing.  I use Google everyday, but they are turning into the Microsoft of search. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

JaggedSac said:
A Google-Yahoo deal will never pass Anti-trust investigations. Not sure why people love Google so much, yeah they have a good outlook on life but I do not like the fact that they want every piece of data in the universe under their control. From medical records to business data, they want all of it. Not very smart in my opinion.

A google-yahoo merger wouldn't pass anti-trust (probably, the fact that Google hasn't had antitrust litigation in its past may help it [but i doubt that]), but I fail to see how a deal wouldn't pass antitrust.

Even today, MS is perfectly free to make deals with competitors without worrying about antitrust scrutiny (and, in fact, deals were a part of the settlement between MS and Apple over certain antitrust matters)

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)