By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Crystal Bearers cancelled?

There is absolutely no info on this game other than the videos from almost 2 years ago. It was said to be still in developement in one of the previews of RoF, but that was almost half a year ago. Do you believe the game is cancelled?

Around the Network

Development of AAA games takes a long time, even just announcing them takes 1-2 years. At least that is what people have been telling me in spite of the Wii's advantage in terms of length and cost of software development.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

No, not canceled at all. Just because we don't know anything new doesn't mean we should jump to the most dire conclusion.

What new do we know about FFXIII, FFXIII VS, etc...? Do you assume they to are canceled?

Edit:
@Akuma.   Consider how long big budget titles took to develop last generation.  Same will apply to Wii.  If this doesn't make sense to you now, my apologies. 

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
No, not canceled at all. Just because we don't know anything new doesn't mean we should jump to the most dire conclusion.

What new do we know about FFXIII, FFXIII VS, etc...? Do you assume they to are canceled?

No because they were announced to be shown more at the square enix party, and they are mmore important games to square enix. 

@akuma That is for unnanounced games. I expect some more information on games already announced even before the wii was known to be a success. 

I hope it is either:

1) Worked on until they can make it more like the first game.

or

2) Cancelled.

Thee idea of it being single player focused makes me very panda unhappy.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

Around the Network

It's a little early to jump to that conclusion, although I have repeatedly heard that there have been "difficulties" in the game's production. Personally, I'm fairly indifferent to this game, but since I know many of you are looking forward to it, I hope Square-Enix manages to get back on track with it soon. Who knows, we might get a brief trailer at E3, just as a public confirmation that it's still alive.

Last I heard, the game was becomming more of a focus of Square Enix because of the Wii's popularity ... This could potentially explain a delay of (up to) one year.

The difficulties are likely to have stemmed from getting the Crystal Tools to operate on Wii in good capacity and then porting FF:CC CB to the new tool set.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
The difficulties are likely to have stemmed from getting the Crystal Tools to operate on Wii in good capacity and then porting FF:CC CB to the new tool set.
The game was confirmed to use crystal tools?Nice

Viper1 said:

Edit:
@Akuma. Consider how long big budget titles took to develop last generation. Same will apply to Wii. If this doesn't make sense to you now, my apologies.

So the development time of a PS2 game last gen when it was "new tech" is comparable to developing for the Wii this gen when it is "old tech" and when "developers are already supposed to have experience with the infrastructure"? That makes a whole hell of a lot of sense...especially considering that FF: Crystal Chronicles was made on the GC, so they should be able to recycle a significant amount of code.

And if you are correct, what the hell is the point of developing on the Wii then if it offers no comparative advantage in terms of development time and, for a AAA game, not as much advantage in terms of cost-cutting as one would expect?

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson