By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal Gear Solid 4 Backordered at Gamestop.com

shanbcn said:
Well becasue GS only allowed 60 games per store, is this true?

In another thread one of the posters said their GS had 200 copies of the game, which puts their numbers at about the same as GTA4 on the PS3.

Around the Network

As I've said before, I went to 2 different gamestops in my town. The first had OVER 300 pre-orders and the second one had around 200 pre-orders. That's pretty damn impressive I thought for a farming town.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Man, I can't wait till we get to see the data

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

One thing must be said about GTA IV's less than expected success (*): even if it's well done, a good game, it's the 4th of its series, and this is true also for MGS4, but while very good stealth games aren't so common and so every good new title is heartily welcome from all genre's fan, nobody can deny that much of GTA series' charm comes from the thrill of breaking the rules, and about this we had the previous GTA titles, Kingpin, Postal 1 and 2, Bully, Manhunt and countless others, while even most of the best RPGs may be played as a ruthless character, so this thrill is quite watered down, paradoxically more in good games that rely less on it and are surpassed by chep game that rely more on easy shock: what happens after is that more mature gamer risk to underrate a violent but good game, while thrillseekers will snub the good violent game because it hasn't enough cheap violence for their tastes.

(*)  Hey, it's very successful, but lots of people expected even more success for it and less success than it's having since its launch for MGS4, so here I'm not talking about absolute success, but about GTA4 and MGS4 success in relation to each other and to other games.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Maybe 1 million first day isn't such a crazy idea, no?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

Honestly if this game doesn't have a 80-90% attatch rate I will be stumped as to why. It is quite simply the most amazing game I've played in at least 10 years. It has had more fun jaw dropping moments then any game I can remember since FFVII and the original MGS on PS1. I agree with the IGN review where they say at the end they wish they could turn the score up to 11 Spinal Tap style. At least until next year this game is pretty much the showcase for HD gaming.

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me