By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Wal-Mart corporate confirms $100 PS3 gift card ,YES, even the MGS 4 bundle

this is awesome ,,,if I were in US i would buy the MGS bundle for 399 and sell it on ebay for 470 as I alreadu own a PS3.

and 100$ gift card is usable even for grocery. 

but it's only from June 8 to June 15

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/06/11/wal-mart-corporate-confirms-100-ps3-gift-card-yes-even-mgs/

is one person allowed to buy more than 1 bundle ?

Around the Network

hows the 80 gig ps2 compatibility (i cant get the right word to mind)

is it partially or fully?

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!

Bingoo said:
hows the 80 gig ps2 compatibility (i cant get the right word to mind)

is it partially or fully?

It's something like 90% for PS2 games, I believe.

http://www.us.playstation.com/Support/CompatibleStatus
compatibility is pretty good, check that site for details on certain games if you are wondering.

I just went to Wal mart and the gift card is def in effect for 80gb

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Around the Network
jman8 said:
I just went to Wal mart and the gift card is def in effect for 80gb

so can a person buy 3 and sell them on the net or is it one per person kinda deal?

Well, I just became a PS3 owner thanks to this thread. I hope you're happy. >:(

Phendrana said:
Well, I just became a PS3 owner thanks to this thread. I hope you're happy. >:(

lool,,Well congrats man,,,,hope you have fun with it,,it does alot of multimedia stuff(from blu-ray to file sharing with your PC),,,you ll learn sonething everyday for the firts month,,,

after MGS4 ,give uncharted a try,,,It's one of the best action/adventure games I ve played. 

which model did you buy? 

^^I got the 80gb MGS4 bundle along with GTA4 and DMC4. It was the last one in stock too.

It's great so far. Haven't even started MGS yet, but the other two games have been a lot of fun. I'm thinking about picking up Uncharted and Ratchet and Clank once my plate is a little less full, but first I'm saving up for an HD tv to go along with it.

@phendrana

congratz man,,,yea give uncharted and ratchet a try ,,you ll love them.

wasn't the opening scene in DMC4 amazing?