By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Hate speech or free speech? What much of West bans is protected in U.S.

When it's legal people just look shake their heads, sometimes hate speech cause more moderate people to address issues that would have been ignored otherwise.

Words are words, if you let them bother you than you probably have bigger emotional or psychological problems than any non-physical damage a person or government could inflict.

Governments ban expression, religions, and weapons and deny rights to property, rights to habeas corpus, rights to face your accuser, and the rights to avoid self-incrimination in order to control people.

I was getting really upset because the U.S. has been denying some of these rights, the executive claimed they were terrorists. A person is innocent until proven guilty, because a government imprisoning or executing someone on false pretenses is the worst crime a government can commit. The Supreme Court today proved that the U.S. can still represent freedom... meanwhile the countries who criticize the U.S. consistently move to restrict freedom.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network

In the end, there is no freedom of speech. The Patriots control all aspects of the flow of information.

But in all seriousness, the US definitely takes the right stance on this.