By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ps3 ou of stock??

Is it odd because the PS3 is selling well? Is that your point?

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

When will MGS4 bundle become avaible in EU?

(like Lil Jon) YEAH!!!!

kowenicki said:
no its just odd. everything out of stock and then all back in stock 2 days later. just seems odd to me, where they carrying low stock or have sales shot through the roof? i doubt both of those, so what can explain it?

MGS4 is the only correct answer. I mean every one was out of stock and game.net increased the price to 300 from 290.

WTF???
Sony didn`t made enough bundles???
Shit, after Ken and Phil left, looks like there is noone left in Sony with brains..

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
no its just odd.  everything out of stock and then all back in stock 2 days later.  just seems odd to me, where they carrying low stock or have sales shot through the roof?  i doubt both of those, so what can explain it?

could be, but i doubt that hey actually really had a lot of units on hand. its a console, you dont stock up on consoles like theres no tomorrow. carrying cost is just way to high. i bet they have less than a hundred untis on stock at any given time or maybe even way lower and just relay on just in time delivery from sony and or their distributors. (sony is a japanese firm after all)

Well, oddly enough, it "BARELY" outsold the Xbox 360 in America + Europe combined (really, Japan wont make a difference) this week, and seeing how today is the day before the game's release, the true question is "Why haven't more PS3 consoles sold, before the release of MGS4?"

Because people want the 80gb bundle?