By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Wii without Nintendo

well with MS releasing the x-mote soon we will see how MS does

Around the Network
Cremator said:
well with MS releasing the x-mote soon we will see how MS does

Because that will make a difference? Nintendo's plan started with the wiimote, but that isn't all of it. Evenif it was people would choose the wii, because they wouldn't have to worry about buying an addon. When I say people I'm saying casuals. 

It wouldn't have been the Wii, if it wasn't for Nintendo. No other company would have achieved it.

1) 1st party games.
2) Nintendo business strategy. Nintendo is the only company that seems to go for the whole audience, rather than concentrate it's efforts solely on hardcore games. Wii with only HC games = total failure.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
It wouldn't have benn the Wii, if it wasn't for Nintendo. No other company would have achieved it.

1) 1st party games.
2) Nintendo business strategy. Nintendo is the only video game company company that seems to go for the whole audience this gen, rather than concentrate it's efforts solely on ahrdcore games. Wii with only HC games = total failure.

Fixed

Thanks xD, forgot to clarify.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
tabsina said:
i don't know, but your suggested names of WiiStation and iWii and WiiBox are too precious not to repeat

tbh...i just wanted to make a thread so i could post those names and amuse myself. 

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

sc94597 said:
brute said:
^but apple doesnt have any software experience(im talking about games)
Well they do know how to target the downmarket and upstream. I.E Ipod, Iphone I'm pretty sure they will get developers to make games for them to target these the same way nintendo does.

How does the iPhone target the downmarket?

The iPhone is targeted at smart phone users, which is on the high end of the market of all cell phone users.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

only nintendo, they provided the cuteness.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

theRepublic said:
sc94597 said:
brute said:
^but apple doesnt have any software experience(im talking about games)
Well they do know how to target the downmarket and upstream. I.E Ipod, Iphone I'm pretty sure they will get developers to make games for them to target these the same way nintendo does.

How does the iPhone target the downmarket?

The iPhone is targeted at smart phone users, which is on the high end of the market of all cell phone users.

It targets the regular person who doesn't want an iphone and then forces them to buy an upmarket product. This is called upstreaming.

Strategyking92 said:
only nintendo, they provided the cuteness.

So the wii sells because it is cute? Um lol