By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - There are NO next-gen systems

Once more for effect:  There are NO next-gen systems on the market today. 

Seriously, people.  It's 2008.  The 360 came out in 2005 and the Wii and PS3 both can out in 2006.  Calling two- and three-year-old systems "next gen" is a joke.  And the joke is getting old.

Call them "HD systems" if you must.  Call the Wii "last gen" if your insecurity truly trumps rationality.  But please, PLEASE don't cling to this term any more. 

/rant

P.S.  I know someone's going to make a joke about how PC is next-gen; hahaha, you had your fun, but do NOT muddy the waters so much that the above point loses force. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

Whare are X720, PS3 and the next Wii then?

Yeah we should be using current gen but I guess the excitement just hasn't died down yet..

Play and/or create your own dream games below. Message for more info. ^_^

Well, I'll probably keep on saying next-gen.

Only because it sounds so cool.

RolStoppable said:
Both the Netherlands and Spain were playing very well and anything else doesn't really matter these days.

On topic: I predict a 2-1 victory for Austria on Thursday.

Keepig in the vein of off-topic.

I love your new avatar!

Around the Network

Call them whatever. As long as you know what they are then does it really matter if someone else calls it whatever they want? No need to get bent out of shape. Next gen or Current gen, who cares.

Proud Owner of all 3 current-gen systems

Currently Playing:
SSBB, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, MKWii, GTA IV (360), MGS4, DQIV, Jeanne d'Arc, FFVII: Crisis Core, Chrono Trigger (PSX)

Mario Kart FC: 4897-6731-4375
SSBB FC: 1504-5406-8515
Wii Friends Code: 1020-2726-1535-3964

XBL:
PhatLaosBoi
PSN: PhatLaosBoi

What's a Wii?

well... I don't call them next - gen...

They are current gen now.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Also, tomorrow never comes.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.