By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - PS3 and RPG fan looking to buy XBOX360

Domo-Kun said:
I'm gonna snag a brand new 360 Pro package this Friday.

I wouldn't feel comfortable not buying it new, I want that 3 year warranty.

i agree, if they only show killzone 2 again i am so gonna buy 360

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Around the Network
ssj12 said:
You could just get a better PC and jump into some MMOs. Some MMOs have some JRPG like flare.

I unfortantely have never really touched a computer for PC or online gaming. I prefer playing the RPG'S by myself for the story. Hence most of if not all of the RPG's I own are jrpgs. I have had my laptop for two years and just recently my brother used it to play wow while is HP that is about the same age has had to be serviced for the 5th time. The only game I have bought for my PC is a sim game

Systems I own (Games)

Sega: Dreamcast (40) , Saturn (25), Genesis (50), Masters System (10), Game Gear (20)

Sony: PS1 (8), PS2 (60) , PS3 (5), PSP (12)

Atari: 2600 (18) , 7800 (10), Lynx (10)

@cougarman

lololololol

I want to start a petition saying

Abandon KZ2!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

royalcaribcruiser123 said:

Since all the RPG's seem to be going to the 360 at the moment I am looking to get a Used XBOX360. However I am concerned about picking up the one chipset that has a high failure rate. How can I tell which chipset I am getting when I buy a used system. The system will have to be used since I am in graduate school and of course money is tight. Also I never sell anything back once I buy it so I can't raise money that way.

Games I am looking forward to include Star Ocean 4, Tales of Vesperia, Infinite Undiscovery, Spectral Force 3, and Operation Darkness.

Good luck man!

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

You should never, ever, buy a used 360 unless it comes from someone who can be trusted.

For one, the console might be banned from xbox live. Then of course is the warranty issue - at least the european repair centre doesn't acknowledge the 2nd-hand market and you'll need the original owner to deal with MS to send it for repairs. Of course, the fact you might end up with a broken console with expired warranty a few months down the line should bother you as well. Repairing the console out of warranty is like 80-100 dollars so it'll eat whatever savings you made on the used console.

edit: since you are on a budget, I'd give blue dragon and lost odyssey a second look, you should be able to find them pretty cheap. 

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network

This is what I meant in another topic. \o/ People getting doubts.
Tbh, if you really want to play these titles, wait for their release. You might get a price-drop as a bonus.

Man, I think MS really scored a coup today. Somebody in Japan is really doing his job.

Bitmap Frogs said:

You should never, ever, buy a used 360 unless it comes from someone who can be trusted.

For one, the console might be banned from xbox live. Then of course is the warranty issue - at least the european repair centre doesn't acknowledge the 2nd-hand market and you'll need the original owner to deal with MS to send it for repairs. Of course, the fact you might end up with a broken console with expired warranty a few months down the line should bother you as well. Repairing the console out of warranty is like 80-100 dollars so it'll eat whatever savings you made on the used console.

edit: since you are on a budget, I'd give blue dragon and lost odyssey a second look, you should be able to find them pretty cheap. 

I don't care much for online gaming anyway, the whole reason I am buying the X360 is for the jrpgs. when my brother and I are home at the same time of the year the only thing that we play on xbox live are shooters. Ive never been a big fan of shooters so the internet access doesn't bother me. anyway I hope that their customer service department would be at least nice enought to understand the situation and fix the internet access for me. Ive personally have had only one system fail on me my entire life and that was a NES in 2007 which my family pretty much bought when it was first released. however I am aware of the problems that the 360 has been facing with its failure rate and thats why I am hoping to find ways to differentiate the chipsets and I wanted to thank Noname2200 for the link I have printed the information for future reference.

Systems I own (Games)

Sega: Dreamcast (40) , Saturn (25), Genesis (50), Masters System (10), Game Gear (20)

Sony: PS1 (8), PS2 (60) , PS3 (5), PSP (12)

Atari: 2600 (18) , 7800 (10), Lynx (10)

royalcaribcruiser123 said:
ssj12 said:
You could just get a better PC and jump into some MMOs. Some MMOs have some JRPG like flare.

I unfortantely have never really touched a computer for PC or online gaming. I prefer playing the RPG'S by myself for the story. Hence most of if not all of the RPG's I own are jrpgs. I have had my laptop for two years and just recently my brother used it to play wow while is HP that is about the same age has had to be serviced for the 5th time. The only game I have bought for my PC is a sim game

What you said doesn't make sense - PC is known to have the best RPG stories.

There is not one jrpg that comes close to Planescape: Torment in terms of story, characters, setting, narrative and writing. Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer totally shits on Persona 3, Blue Dragon, Lost Odissey, and whatever jRPG being sold nowadays.

PC is undisputed king of RPGs.

Funny, just one day, and you run for x360. =))
Because... it got what? SO4 in some 2009. =)))
ToV, IU, and LR were stated to come in 2008 for a long time ago, and only LR being released first, with PS3 version postponed to 2008 was New.

What ever, IF you people chose QUANTITY over QUALITY.. it`s your CHOICE. =))

But come on, IMAGINE that on E3 there will be announce of FF7 remake or KH3 for PS3, and what you will do THEN? LOL.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far