By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGC Game Development Team

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=17920

Was a long time ago. People showed interest, but it never really took off. Just something you can work with.

Around the Network

I have programmed in Flash, Java and other few other languages but my main forte is testing friends games and documentation. I am willing to help out any way I can.

rendo said:
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=17920

Was a long time ago. People showed interest, but it never really took off. Just something you can work with.

if your still interested work with Darth on it. If you need texture work tell me what size and I'll try to help if i can. Just remember to tell me format it would need to be saved as too. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I'm in, I have experience in a lot of 2D and 3D editors (more in 3D and all major ones). I would love to take a big part in it though I have almost zero time for the next three weeks (woo crunch) and still won't always have a lot of time after that.

If you're looking for a good something to make games in, RPGMaker isn't bad but it isn't free either, Torque isn't free either but it's really good, and Scrolling Game Development Kit isn't bad but it is free.

ssj12 said:
bump

Consider this your warning SSJ12-- don't bump threads. Mod fight! :-p

-edit-

And just for fun, this was the game I made with Scrolling Game Dev. I made it with another artist in about 3 months.

Bob the Unlikely (where my signature came from)

Name: Platformer Project (Temp.)

You play as a silent protaganist. Your goal is simply to collect the 25 Treasures of the World. You do so by skillfully navigating your way through various obstacles and barriers. One problem. The course is not done. You have to build the game yourself so you can make your way to the end of the level.

Controls

Right to move right, left to move left, up to jump, down to duck.

Use your powers to spawn new ground to reach the end! Press the 1 Button to activate Power: Ground. Once this comes up, you can make a line across the screen. This will become ground that you can walk on. You must do it in a correct place though, otherwise it could fall and be worthless. And you have a set limit as well! The line cannot be long, or you cannot place it. 2 is Power: Water. When there is a chasm that is too long for you to stretch ground over, you can fill it with water. This enables you to swim across. Press 2 and it allows you to aim the cursor, and fire. A lot of water comes out, and you can direct it at where you want it to go. Fill the chasm to swim! Like Power: Ground, it has a set limit as well. Press 3 for Power: Fire. It goes into a sort of TPS mode where you can aim and press the left button for fireballs, and the right one for a flamethrower. The normal controls are still intact though which means you can move. Fire can be used to destroy buildings and structures that cannot be passed normally. Fire has a time limit of 3-5 seconds.

Setting:

You can travel across a variety of terrains, ranging from deserts and tundras and tropics and plains. More described in Stage section.

That is all for now. I am going to add a Stage, Story, and even more sections.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network
dtewi said:
Name: Platformer Project (Temp.)

You play as a silent protaganist. Your goal is simply to collect the 25 Treasures of the World. You do so by skillfully navigating your way through various obstacles and barriers. One problem. The course is not done. You have to build the game yourself so you can make your way to the end of the level.

Controls

Right to move right, left to move left, up to jump, down to duck.

Use your powers to spawn new ground to reach the end! Press the 1 Button to activate Power: Ground. Once this comes up, you can make a line across the screen. This will become ground that you can walk on. You must do it in a correct place though, otherwise it could fall and be worthless. And you have a set limit as well! The line cannot be long, or you cannot place it. 2 is Power: Water. When there is a chasm that is too long for you to stretch ground over, you can fill it with water. This enables you to swim across. Press 2 and it allows you to aim the cursor, and fire. A lot of water comes out, and you can direct it at where you want it to go. Fill the chasm to swim! Like Power: Ground, it has a set limit as well. Press 3 for Power: Fire. It goes into a sort of TPS mode where you can aim and press the left button for fireballs, and the right one for a flamethrower. The normal controls are still intact though which means you can move. Fire can be used to destroy buildings and structures that cannot be passed normally. Fire has a time limit of 3-5 seconds.

Setting:

You can travel across a variety of terrains, ranging from deserts and tundras and tropics and plains. More described in Stage section.

That is all for now. I am going to add a Stage, Story, and even more sections.

that seems like a very basic and good idea to start with.

Anyone interested in starting with a 2D platformer?  Collecting team members to start this if everyone agrees.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please

@ssj12

yeah that would be cool + I've got summer holidays now.

I am quite new to it though so I will need time in getting used to it.....probably through making prototypes n stuff

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@ssj12

yeah that would be cool + I've got summer holidays now.

I am quite new to it though so I will need time in getting used to it.....probably through making prototypes n stuff

thats fine

@ssj12

I'm really new to it......just downloaded it last week n I was amazed at the possibilities.

But i have summer holidays now....so I'll be trying out loads of things on it.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Well I'm in, though I'm not brilliant.

I can do some reasonable modelling of 3D models and am learning to program in Java for my degree in computer engineering.