By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGC Game Development Team

Hey guys,

I was thinking. There should be enough gamers here with some talent to be able to make some games so why not make an indie game development team. 

We can just simply start with Flash Games and mods then slowly move up to bigger and better games.

The point of this team is to support eachother's work and make some awesomely cool games.

I'm not programmer or artist but I have a few ideas for games and stuff to make. I can do some texture work in Photoshop though.

Lets see if we can pull something together. Could be fun.

Organizer:

ssj12

Developers:

FJ-Warez

darthdevidem01

Godot

SnakeEyez

obieslut

rendo

Stever89

twesterm

Rath

Dtewi

makingmusic476

dawve24

Temp Forums:

http://section8.iforums.us/

Tools:

http://sourceforge.net/project/platformdownload.php?group_id=152001&sel_platform=4313

Plans:

2D Puzzle Platformer

Possible Flash game?

game using RPG maker?

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

Honestly, I think it would be better to create a 'club' than a team ...

Encouraging people to develop their own (simple) prototype games, and for users to expand into producing more complicated projects over time (which involve multiple people) is far better than trying to get multiple people to produce one large project from the begining.

I´m in... but this is the four time we go through this...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

Sounds like a lot of fun.....I would be interested..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

HappySqurriel said:

Honestly, I think it would be better to create a 'club' than a team ...

Encouraging people to develop their own (simple) prototype games, and for users to expand into producing more complicated projects over time (which involve multiple people) is far better than trying to get multiple people to produce one large project from the begining.

this was actually my plan.i have no plans of forcing a giant project that no one wants to do onto anyone, hence the ability for flash games and crap. Each person can develope their own game if they wish to.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please

Around the Network

I am a student in software engineering and have some experience making a video game in the past (we made a video game in school).

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

ssj12 said:

Hey guys,

I'm not programmer or artist but I have a few ideas for games and stuff to make.

Honestly I've seen so many 12-year olds post similar things on the Internet I think the count is over 1000 by now.

I'm a fairly good programmer* and have just started making sprites and textures, but unfortunately I have my own ideas I'm working on.

Going on four years, am highly skilled in Java, C#, and PHP. Have a good background in C++ and VB6, and a little knowledge in Assembly. 

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles fan for life. <3

Im interested in this, me and my friends have wanted to make a game (a flash game atleast) for awhile now. To be a game programmer, does computer science fall under that? That is what Im majoring in college

Andrex said:
ssj12 said:

Hey guys,

I'm not programmer or artist but I have a few ideas for games and stuff to make.

Honestly I've seen so many 12-year olds post similar things on the Internet I think the count is over 1000 by now.
I'm a fairly good programmer and have just started making sprites and textures, but unfortunately I have my own ideas I'm working on.

Your free to do whatever projects you want. If you need textures and crap I can make them. This group is more of a team of people, that just want to make good games that are fun.There wont be any set projects for some time. 

ssj12 said:

Your free to do whatever projects you want. If you need textures and crap I can make them. This group is more of a team of people, that just want to make good games that are fun.There wont be any set projects for some time. 

Ah. The problem with that though is lack of direction and focus. And you won't have any projects for some time? Well, what's going to be happening in the mean time? Forgive my.. hrm... cold demeaner, I just want to put it in your head to refine your ideas.

Also Flash development is a bad idea in my opinion, but if all you know is ActionScript go right ahead. 

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles fan for life. <3