By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - This is the XBOX 360's LAST chance to perform in Japan.

Lone_Canis_Lupus said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

You've missed Microsoft's whole point.

Making money in this venture is obviously positive and they've been profitable in a few quarters, but most of that is taking a backseat to hurting Sony and establishing themselves in the media center environment. Whether or not Star Ocean 4 sells a lot of consoles is gravy as it's a brutal blow to PS3 fans.

This is true. I as a life-long fan of the PS brand...want to give up my PS3 for a 360 because of this...Honestly, I've died inside.

Then you can probably imagine how Nintendo fans must have felt when FF7 appeared exclusively on PSX.

Around the Network
Shameless said:

I hope you get perma-banned.

Oh my God I hadn't read that post... I thought that lately there were a lot of new users that were a bit retarded but this one just goo to far. Hopefully, he'll be gone as soon as a mod read that.

Edit: Oh well, he is. good riddance. 

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Godot said:

If Microsoft are delivering the best products they can, they are the shittiest corporation that ever existed. The Xbox360 had the RROD and Windows Vista just fucking suck (I know what I am talking about I use it).

Microsoft isn't all that great, sure. They got their Windows foothold by making an inferior copy of Xerox's ideas (Apple made an unquestionably copy at the time) but by winning the business battle. Microsoft has struggled to innovate in every area, and, arguably, has failed to innovate significantly in every area. Microsoft can be guilty of a lot of things: anti-competitive practices would rank among the top.

Sony, on the other hand, was the last major record label to allow non-DRM downloads. Forcing your customers to buy DRM makes no sense. They treat their customers more like criminals than anyone else. They installed a blatently illegal computer-compromising rootkit onto people's systems without their knowledge or conscent. This left many computers very vulnerable. It was stupid, and Sony customers literally paid for the priviledge of having their computers compromised by Sony who, effectively, installed a trojan horse root kit.

Nintendo was found guilty of price fixing.

None of these companies are perfect. If you want to accuse MS of something, accuse them of ineptitude. Sure, they failed to properly test their machine. That's their M.O. They're paying for it both literally and in mindshare. I believe the PS3 is a better piece of hardware than the 360 because of reliability, but I still choose the 360 over the PS3 because of the games. I never owned an Xbox, but I own a PS2 -- last generation it was the opposite.

Golvellius said:
Lone_Canis_Lupus said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

You've missed Microsoft's whole point.

Making money in this venture is obviously positive and they've been profitable in a few quarters, but most of that is taking a backseat to hurting Sony and establishing themselves in the media center environment. Whether or not Star Ocean 4 sells a lot of consoles is gravy as it's a brutal blow to PS3 fans.

This is true. I as a life-long fan of the PS brand...want to give up my PS3 for a 360 because of this...Honestly, I've died inside.

Then you can probably imagine how Nintendo fans must have felt when FF7 appeared exclusively on PSX.

And thats why people should stop getting emotionally invested in video game consoles, besides the fact that asserting your own identity through consumer purchases is just plain dumb.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

x360 is DEAD in Japan.

And in 2008 on PS3 Japanese are having:
Disgaea 3
Valkyrie Chronicles
Tears of Tiara
Cross Edge
White Knight Chronicles
Eternal Sonata

So, after LO failure, neither ToV, neither IU, neither LR will save x360.
DEAL WITH THAT.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

CrazzyMan said:

x360 is DEAD in Japan.

And in 2008 on PS3 Japanese are having:
Disgaea 3
Valkyrie Chronicles
Tears of Tiara
Cross Edge
White Knight Chronicles
Eternal Sonata

So, after LO failure, neither ToV, neither IU, neither LR will save x360.
DEAL WITH THAT.

So is the PS3, if you took your fanboy goggles off you'd see that.

@Darc Requiem,

Tears of Tiara
Cross Edge
White Knight Chronicles
Eternal Sonata

Are NOT released YET.
+FFXIII MIGHT come this year, or in January 2009, still that wil leffect sales by a LOT.

Yes, with average 10k per week, PS3 isn`t doing GREAT in Japan, but that wil CHANGE, because Japanese WANT PS3, but it just don`t have enough JRPGs YET.
Soon will have.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

One thing that is sad though is having exclusives. It cost so much to buy all three consoles. Thats what? Almost $1000. And you have games on both HD consoles and the wii you want. The easy answer is to buy all 3 but I think the majority of people don't have that money. Kids cant get all 3 from parents easy, young adults in college have bills etc, married folks have wife and kids (lol wife would never let me buy all 3). Only single working adults really have the option. IMO if exclusives went away it would be best for the consumer.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

CrazzyMan said:
@Darc Requiem,

Tears of Tiara
Cross Edge
White Knight Chronicles
Eternal Sonata

Are NOT released YET.
+FFXIII MIGHT come this year, or in January 2009, still that wil leffect sales by a LOT.

Yes, with average 10k per week, PS3 isn`t doing GREAT in Japan, but that wil CHANGE, because Japanese WANT PS3, but it just don`t have enough JRPGs YET.
Soon will have.

Isn't doing great!? Its bombing. The Japanese don't want the PS3. It they did it wouldn't doing so poorly. The PS2 had no games for the first 18 months or so and the Japanese still bought it in droves. The PS3 has had quality titles and its still tanking. By in large the Japanese have shown that they prefer portable consoles. The Wii is the exception to the rule. Ever big named PS3 title has failed to change this so far. The only one that will have a significant chance at spiking sales to a respectable level, FFXIII, is year off.  When it does hit, it will be the PS3's Ocarinal of Time. an exceptionally well selling title on a platform doomed to a distance second place in Japan.

Darc Requiem said:
CrazzyMan said:
@Darc Requiem,

Tears of Tiara
Cross Edge
White Knight Chronicles
Eternal Sonata

Are NOT released YET.

Soon will have.

Isn't doing great!? Its bombing. The Japanese don't want the PS3. It they did it wouldn't doing so poorly. The PS2 had no games for the first 18 months or so and the Japanese still bought it in droves. The PS3 has had quality titles and its still tanking. By in large the Japanese have shown that they prefer portable consoles. The Wii is the exception to the rule. Ever big named PS3 title has failed to change this so far. The only one that will have a significant chance at spiking sales to a respectable level, FFXIII, is year off.  When it does hit, it will be the PS3's Ocarinal of Time. an exceptionally well selling title on a platform doomed to a distance second place in Japan.

I know that many Japanese gamers who want PS3 are just waiting for the price drop. They are usually not satisfied with only Wii games, that's why PS2 games still sell well in Japan.