By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - ScrewAttack - Top 10 FPS Games Ever

Doom 3? Are you fucking serious? How the hell was that an upgrade to the Doom series?

Bioshock over System Shock 2? Half Life 2 over Half Life?

What a joke of a list. Its way too many recent FPS games.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network

Yea, there were some weird games on this list. I'm sure they didn't really talk about Half-Life one because Half-Life 2 was on the list, but I think the original Half-Life was a defining FPS game that ought to be one of the best FPS games out there. I also have no idea how Doom 3 gets on this list....

Whatever, I'm glad that rather than go into the hype of the Halo series, the first Halo is the one that makes it onto this list.

Pretty decent list overall. Needs some Perfect Dark love and then it would be aces.

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

Wolfenstein 3D and Doom 3 should not be on the list. In their place should be Doom and Half-Life.

What do I think? I don't agree with the list. Half-Life should be number 1, and Half-Life 2 should be number 2. Then Goldeneye. Then Quake and Unreal Tournament.

Around the Network

Deus Ex needed to be on this list. I remember when I first played it. I was like this game is awesome. The story was great, plus the way you could customize your weapon with the augmentation. Shame on screw attack for not adding Deus Ex.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

I didn't even think about Metroid Prime (especially considering at the point when I played it I was seriously sick and tired of the genre from a single player standpoint), but I'd put that on my top ten. And as was pointed out, my picks put more weight on the influence they've had. Goldeneye would make the list for me because damn was it a blast and really reigned as the example of a perfect console FPS. Unreal Tournament is an honorable mention. Never played System Shock 2 or Perfect Dark, so I can't pass judgment on those.

Call of Duty 4 is the only game on the list that I have played

well how you would make the list depends on what the criteria is. Doom 3 should not be on that list no matter what criteria you use, Halo should not be on that list unless you are talking about bringing the FPS to many more gamers than before, because it wasn't as revolutionary or as good as the other games.

Half Life 1 should be on that list way before half life 2, which could probably be left off all together. Duke Nukem can probably be off there too, doom 1 or 2 needs to be on there instead. As awesome as goldeneye is for a console FPS, i don't think a console FPS belongs on the top at all.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

that list completely sucks, where is Unreal? why is halo even on that list let alone #2? why the hell isnt Half-Life #1 or #2?

the list is failure

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453