3. TF 2 (360)
4. Quake 2
5. Unreal tournament
6. Quake 3

7. Cod 4 (pc)
8. Halo 3
9. Bioshock (360)
10. Gears of war (kinda fps)

I don't usually like single player shooters, but I loved bioshock and gow on 360. :) Online/lan multiplayer is what makes a fps great.

Around the Network

I think Battlefield 2 needs to be on the list somewhere. One of the few shooters around that forces players to work as a team.

Godot said:
rocketpig said:
ssj12 said:
rocketpig said:
ssj12 said:
Garcian Smith said:
@ Kratos: Portal is more of a puzzle game than an FPS, I think.

@ ArtOfAngels: As much as I hate to admit it, having spent countless hours of my youth playing it, Goldeneye really hasn't aged well. The framerate is awful, the lack of a second analog stick hurts the controls, and the muddy, blocky visuals are almost painful to look at. There's a great many better shooters out there nowadays.

@ ssj12: I know you're biased against console games, so the fact that you bolded every console-exclusive FPS on that list isn't exactly unexpected. Also, SS2 and Bioshock are sufficiently removed from each-other (the latter is just the spiritual sequel to the former, and not a direct sequel) that I see no issue with listing both. Finally, Wolf3D, like Goldeneye, hasn't aged well at all; it's basically an FPS in its most basic form, which really isn't anything to write home about nowadays.

So the first FPS ever made hasnt aged well... the mod community says different. As for GoldenEye, the best console FPS ever made, has aged just liike Perfect Dark.

That one thing alone should keep it out of the #1 spot.

That still does not mean it doesn't deserve a place in the top 10, but i agree #1 is a bit to high. maybe #5?

It definitely should hit the Top 10 but putting a game like that in the #1 spot shows extreme console bias.

Just for a frame of reference, Half-Life came out just a year after Goldeneye. Look at those two games together and you get a proper understaning of just how far behind console FPS games are (doubly so if you factor in the terrible N64 control system).

Goldeneye brought FPS to the Mario mass. That's a huge achievement.

It's also a huge achievement to get a mentally challenged child to understand Hamlet.

Like I said, putting Goldeneye at #1 shows huge console bias. It's basically ignoring the droves of bigger and better PC shooters that came before and after Rare's game.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

lmfao at the last line "...the game was incredibly well balanced, except for that little bastard oddjob, if you played with him, your a BITCH!"

priceless quote

shio said:
why the fuck is Halo, Goldeneye and COD4 in the top 10?! And in the top spots?! PC shooters simply crush those 3.

No Deus Ex, No System Shock, No Half-Life 2, No Quake Wars, No Unreal Tournament, No Quake 3: Arena

did you actually watch the video?

because half life 2 was #8

Anyways i think it was a good list. CoD4 has the best multiplayer i've ever played. Its an amazing game. Halo, as the video said, single handedly put xbox on the radar. I never played goldeneye but i've heard it was great. It would be outdated now but back then would've been fun.

Around the Network

I was adding some more games to my profile and I realized that I completely forgot another one of my favorite FPS games, AvP. That game was bottled awesome. I might be in my top 10 but I can't figure out where.

I give AvP a 10.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Why all the Oddjob hate?

That guy was great for evening out matches by letting the bad players use him.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

sieanr said:
Why all the Oddjob hate?

That guy was great for evening out matches by letting the bad players use him.

When RP and I were at the top of our game, taking Oddjob didn't really help some people. We were pretty brutal. Sad thing is, I don't have much of that skill with that game anymore. I do still have it though. Maybe I'll fire it up sometime soon.

I give that post a 9.6. 

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Goldeneye - Level 16 Control was the Hardest Level. I hated having to guard that girl character for five minutes from constant attacks on 00 Agent Level, while she re-programmed the computer
The other 19 Levels in the game were nowhere near as difficult as that one on 00 Agent. Your reward for completing the game on 00 Agent was a level difficulty editor 007 mode where you can set the enemies at whatever difficulty, responsiveness or damage you wanted.

I liked unlocking all 20 cheats by earning them under the Time limits and level settings. the toughest was Archive Level 11 in 1min 20 secs on 00 Agent. Reward: invisibility. you had to hold down the cameras and turbo run through the levels to get that time and many attempts were needed.
BTW: There were button press codes to unlock the cheats but it was far more rewarding earning them all.

Goldeneye multiplayer was great fun with three mates. Gaming for hours on end. OddJob was a little bitch very hard to nail that small guy.

Rock_on_2008 said:
Goldeneye - Level 16 Control was the Hardest Level. I hated having to guard that girl character for five minutes from constant attacks on 00 Agent Level, while she re-programmed the computer

Good God, I forgot about that part. What a nightmare.

Program faster, bitch! They're coming down both staircases now! 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/