By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - ScrewAttack - Top 10 FPS Games Ever

ScrewAttack
Top 10 FPS Games Ever!
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34978.html

What you think?

I never played GA, but N1 ... hmm ... and where is Doom 2

Around the Network

I'd pretty much agree goldeneye is the best FPS of all time , or at least very high up there , i'm glad I had the opportunity to play this 4 way split screen.

I'm not sure about the other choices though , Halo being the 2nd best FPS of all time ? I don't think so.

A list that caters to young, shallow gamers.  Hell, the selection and commentary exude my point.

The only games on their list that I agree should have been there were Duke Nukem 3D, Counter Strike and Goldeneye. Not including Half-Life (in place of Half-Life 2 and Bioshock), Team Fortress (in place of Quake), Starsiege: Tribes, Deus Ex, or Doom (in place of Wolfenstein). That they would put Doom 3 or even a Halo in the same ranks of the "greatest" FPS to me is, well, laughable. That's my opinion.  I would always put the genre defining titles before the ones that incrementally improve the formula.

I agree with number one. That STILL is the best FPS ever. Anyone that isn't old enough to have played it needs to play it now. After you get used to the old time controls you'll see what I mean. James Bond kicks Master Chief's butt. Let's hope that the next Bond game is one half as good as GoldenEye. Oh and the original Doom should be on the list and not Doom 3. What the heck was that?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

why the fuck is Halo, Goldeneye and COD4 in the top 10?! And in the top spots?! PC shooters simply crush those 3.

No Deus Ex, No System Shock, No Half-Life 2, No Quake Wars, No Unreal Tournament, No Quake 3: Arena

Around the Network

Can somebody type the list here so I don't have to watch this crap?

The list for those who don't want to sit through that awful video:

10) Bioshock
9) Doom 3
8) Half-Life 2
7) Duke Nukem 3D
6) CounterStrike
5) Quake
4) Wolfenstein 3D
3) Call of Duty 4
2) Halo
1) Goldeneye

Yet another "Top 10" list that both confuses "influential" with "best," and picks a whole lot of dumb games over the smarter alternatives. Most older FPSs are shallow gore-fests that most older gamers would find boring as hell if they hadn't played them when they were 13. The only ones that should be on that list, IMO, are Bioshock, HL2, and CoD4, and here's how they should be:

10) The Darkness (Though I may be tilted more toward this one than some)
9) Oddworld Stranger's Wrath
8) Deus Ex
7) Unreal Tournament
6) System Shock 2
5) CoD 4
4) Perfect Dark
3) Metroid Prime
2) Bioshock
1) Half-Life 2

Also, watching that video has reminded me of how much bitter hate I hold for "gaming journalism." It seems like GameTrailers were gunning for the 15 year old crowd, but missed even that mark and just ended up insulting everyone's intelligence.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Great list of FPS games.

I don't have a problem with that list. I would put in Perfect Dark somewhere. Maybe get ride of Doom 3. Is it just me or did their CS game look more like Source? It's good to see Goldeneye at #1. My brother use to play as OddJob and I would play Baron Samedi. Missmatch ftw.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Half-life 2 would be my number one.