By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Looks like SO4 coming to 360 (almost confirmed)

EaglesEye379 said:

Wow I actually didnt notice this and I looked at the PS2 biggest JRPGs. It seems besides Kingdom Hearts, the next biggest is only Star Ocean at 1.3m worldwide according to VGChartz.

This makes the Lost Odyssey 0.7m sound alot better (although it deserves to sell more anyhow).

Last gen games are missing a lot of data.  For Star Ocean you need to add both the regular and special edition and you are still completely missing European data, which would easily push it over 2 million. Well over triple the sales of Lost Odyssey and four times the sales of Blue Dragon for a game that most likely cost signifficantly less to make.  

A good example of a recent mid-to-low range JRPG and its sales is Persona 3, which sold 370K in Japan between its 2 versions.  This is perfectly acceptible for a JRPG.  Below 300K is bad, below 200K is a bomb.

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
naznatips said:
Well, certainly a big deal for 360 owners, but I agree if it was exclusive Microsoft would have the word "Exclusive" written into the end of every speech, painted on every wall, flashing repeatedly on the screen in a bright neon strobe, and a blimp flying overhead with "Exclusive" painted on it in big read letters.

We know how they treat that word. If it was exclusive, they wouldn't shut up about it. Hell, they even bothered to mention Last Remnant was a timed exclusive (which would obviously be a much smaller deal). Still, like DMC4, this is a blow to PS3 exclusivity. Among HD consoles the exclusive really is practically dead.

Exclusive or not, you're right about the concept fading out. How many major HD exclusives are left after MGS4? I can think of FFXIII, FFXIII Versus, Infinite Undiscovery, and... I can't think of any others. Not off the top of my head.

Tekken 6, Valkyria Chronicles, a few others.  There certainly aren't many.

GT5, GoW3 and WKC, that's about it

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

*~Onna76~* said:
If SOIV turns out to be 360 exclusive, I'm selling my PS3 and stick with the WII and my handhelds and won't be buying a console in the future ever again. I'm sick and tired of the sick games which MS is pulling and Sony being so god damn lazy!

And NEVER I will buy a 360!! F**k MS and their stealing from PS, assholes.

So were you mad at Sony for "stealing" the SO series from a Nintendo system? You know the first game was originally on the Nintendo Super Famicom, right? It was only from Star Ocean The Second Story that it went to the Playstation.

OT: Glad to see more good games coming out for the 360. Looking forward to getting SO4 when it's released :)

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

trestres said:

lol.  The first two are first party and the last one is second party.

Around the Network
trestres said:

You're listing first and second party stuff now though... obviously those would be exclusive.  I was talking about 3rd party exclusivity being almost dead.

@making~: Oh ok, but no one said 3 party. Anyways Level 5 is not an exclusive dev to Sony. Add Fable 2 and some other 360 games.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

What about Gears, epic are third party

trestres said:
@making~: Oh ok, but no one said 3 party. Anyways Level 5 is not an exclusive dev to Sony. Add Fable 2 and some other 360 games.

Fable is 1st party, and WKC is 2nd party (Level 5 isn't exclusive to Sony, but WKC is a Sony published game).  Gears is Microsoft published making it a 2nd party franchise.

there are two cases about SO4:

1) if it's 360 exclusive then I feel really sorry for Sony,,,,I m not into the RPG genre but Sony should know that their fans are into that genre.SCEJ WTF?

2) If it's multi platform,then MS threw money in garbage,,,,cause 80% of the sales for this game is in Japan and we know when both versions of PS3/360 are released PS3 version will sell much more.(and push more hardware).but you ahve to give MS credit where it's due,,,cause their audience in NA or EU are not mainly into this genre so basically they are putting down money for their almost non-existent Japanese fanbase.

which case is it?