By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - why do you hate WW2 setting games

I dislike WW2 games because....there are no female character, all WW2 games are gay

Around the Network
stclam said:
I dislike WW2 games because....there are no female character, all WW2 games are gay

That's an interesting point, but "no-females" and "gay" are quite different things, unless you are twelve-years-old and still in Kindergarten.

Lost my faith in VGChartz. Too many stupid and ignorant Americans, even as moderators.

It's a shame, really. "The Boss" should do something radical about this Americanization, but it seems hardly feasible, so my days here are numbered.

stclam said:

Because there were so many frontline female soldiers...

EXCUSE ME!!!!

The thread title says WW2 setting, not specifically FPS...

I have recently been playing Company of Heroes, and God I love that game. It has very unique personality, very atmospheric, probably one of my favorite RTS games (next to Star/Warcraft and classic Command and Conquer). If you played that game, did you feel the WW2 setting detracted from the experience?

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout
MontanaHatchet said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
When you're making a war game, you want 2 things:

1) Guns that shoot fast.
2) A war that makes Americans happy.

World War 2 is the only one that fulfills both criteria. World War 1 would fulfill point 2 but not point 1. Vietnam would fulfill point 1 but not point 2. It really is the only option. Which is why it's milked to death and many people are sick of it.

There's really only one way around it... aliens, lazers, and space marines, oh my!

If the guns in the war didn't shoot fast enough, there were always other solutions. You think the Battle of Gettsyburg would have been won by the north if the 20th Maine hadn't Chamberlain called a bayonet charge? Nah! I'd love to see Wiimote bayonet and rifle controls. There are a lot of possibilities to innovate in the genre.

And you're forgetting about Korea and the Gulf War. Both were, okay...in the eyes of the public. 

And rule 3) It doesn't involve the United Nations in any way.