By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - whoa... xbox live is cool!

Ok, so here's part two of my "I just got a 360 and here's what I think"...

Xbox live (not specifically the online mulitplayer gaming) but the whole enchilada is really, really cool. I downloaded a whole bunch of demos from arcade that look really interesting. I ran out of time so I didn't get a chance to buy points and unlock a couple of them.

I downloaded a few trailers, clips, full game demos (dirt) and generally just checked everything out. Bottom line is that if "online experience" was a category in every review of the overall console market, the 360 get's a 9/10. My only beef is that some of the content is rather expensive and I don't care for the points pricing scheme. I would prefer 1 point or 100 points = $1 so I'm not always having to do math in my head to determine the cost, but I suspect that's another money grab. Outside of that, online is phenomenal.

I have not experienced PS3's online universe, but assuming they want to outdo MS in this area, they need to bring their A-game because MS's is top notch.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network

Just wait until you get to the friends part, and if you want a free arcade game I would reccomend downloading Aegis Wing, it has co-op online and off.

Cool, I'll download that. One game that looked really fun to play from the demo but I haven't yet played was Outpost Kaloki. I think NinjaBee is the studio? They seem to be unbelievably creative and this game looks to have some potential. I've heard their "cloning clyde" game is incredible as well. Too many games, too little time! I'll get through some more this weekend though I must admit I'm not all that interested in playing "online" with other people. I know everyone says it rocks, but it just doesn't do much for me.

I hate trolls.

Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Yeah the 1pt = $1 would be great.

I'm surprised that there is so much content on there. Even the movies are good!!!

Welcome to the not-so-secret secret weapon of the 360... XBL is what makes the system for me.

The whole package is great, including the ability to instantly sync up with your friends.

This morning my girls were watching Happy Feet in HD thanks to Marketplace (no need for a HD-DVD or Blue Ray....just download it). Last night I was chatting with a friend on our headsets while we both played different single player games. Tonight I might go racing with a buddy in Forenza.

Want a quick fun game? Just download it, the Assault Heros is pretty sweet. Looking for a retro arcade experience? Joust? Gauntlet? Not only are they there, but you can play togeather over live!  And some of the games have suprising depth...  Robot Blitz is a great example.

Just wait until you start compairing your achievements with your friends... that is when you wake up and discover you're addicted. ;)

Around the Network

Outpost Kaloki is GREAT. Its the only full XBLA game Ive bought.

Its a must-buy.

Basically, the conversion method for points is $10 for 800pts, give or take.

I do believe that stores are selling the 1600pt codes for less, however, on Ebay.

Some content is extremely overpriced, and I agree. 50% of the content is junk (gamerpics, theme packs, ect). But alot of the downloadable stuff is very solid (Oblivion stuff, Crackdown, all the free mods/patches for nearly every game)

Find tons of demos, and get Aegis Wings.

Also, get the demos of EVERY GAME. Find something that interests you. The fact is, you cannot go wrong by demoing the games, and there are hundreds of them.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Demos, lol. I downloaded demos ALL night last nighte --- queued up forza 2, dirt, and about a dozen others -- some in arcade. I'm using the play link instead of the microsoft wifi add on because I got one for 20 bucks and it is painfully simple to install. Only problem is downloads are slow. That said, I've got enough demos to keep me busy for DAYS if not WEEKS...

BTW, NinjaBee has a new RTS lite using bugs or something. I saw a post somewhere that looked like a must-buy.

I hate trolls.

The new Ninja Bee game (I'm a big fan of their stuff too) is "Band of Bugs"

Info:
http://thexboxdomain.net/2007/02/09/an-interview-with-ninja-bee-band-of-bugs/

That's the one.  It looks very, very interesting.  These guys seem really "outside the box".  I like quirky so it works for me.

I hate trolls.

Outpost Kaloki comes with ARacde unplugged volume 1 so if you were thinking of getting it. um Oupost is a fun game kinda like lemonade tycoon. I don't really feel that it is worth the buy. Its fun and the music is great but its only 1 player and the campaign is somewhat boring

Have lots of fun with your xbox!