By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - inFAMOUS: New Information Finally Revealed from GI July 08

http://scrawlfx.com/2008/06/infamous-new-information-finally-revealed-from-gi-july-08

inFAMOUS: New Information Finally Revealed from GI July 08

Posted on June 9, 2008 7:46 pm by Sal | 389 views
Filed Under PLAYSTATION 3 |

The latest issue of Game Informer (July 2008) has a cover story for Sucker Punch's inFAMOUS. We haven't heard about this title since last year's E3, in which it wow'ed the crowd. Lets take a look at the breakdown.

• "inFAMOUS begins with a serene, panoramic skyview view of EMpire City on the title screen, with the words "press start flashing". ..once you push start, a massive explosion rips through the heart of the city. Six city blocks are consumed by flame...in the center, a man named Dylan staggers to his feet."

• Dylan doesn't know how he got his powers and starts out apathetic. He then becomes invest in the city...or you can choose not to be at all.

• Dylan can run up rooftops, scrambles across building archtecture, and can seek cover in unlikely nooks and crannies.

• Sucker Punch striving for simple controls to do not so simple things.

• Empire City has 3 islands.

• After the explosion, the city falls into chaos. A plague makes the govt. quarentine the city. Gangs are formed.

• Dylan's abilities evolve throughout the game.

• One fight saw Dylan and his friend Zeke against a bunch of guard. A couple of choices include zapping the mobs and flinging them off the bridge, or using your electricity on the environment (i.e. power generators that may be nearby) to create explosions.

• Sucker Punch says "The hero's powers and the storyline are in support of the gameplay."

• Dylan cannot use firearms since his powers are "always on" (meaning he would set off the gunpowder in bullets). The powers can complicate your actions within the world.

• There will be other "villians" with their own powers that come into play. As well as other normal enemies with powers.

inFAMOUS isn't structured like other open world games with a marker on the mini map for your next mission. The team's goal is to create a world where events unfold naturally.

• For example, you're on your way to disarm a bomb, but you notice a woman in the street bleeding and screaming. Time is ticking. What do you do? Your actions affect the world at large. Hence "inFAMOUS".

• Karma system keeps track of your actions ( I assume without showing you? Not sure). Your actions affect the actions of the citizens of the city. They may fight with you or ignore you or even help fight against you. Karma also factors into how your abilities develop.

In other news, Metal Gear Solid 4 scored a perfect 10 along with an almost perfect 9.75.

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

Around the Network

i think this is still an 09 game

PSNTAG= Xander732

lol,,I beat u to it (2 min earlier)

lol no i beat u by a minute

PSNTAG= Xander732

lol,,oh yea you are right,,,sorry about that :P

Is this gonna be released in 08 or 09?I think 09 is crowded as is,,,I hope it gets released this year,,,then again this year is crowded aswell(unless it's released in August)

Around the Network

i think it was originally 08 but more than likely it will get pushed back...

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

yea i hope it get released this year too. question is where will they fit it.. this game seems like it could be good?

PSNTAG= Xander732

Wow, its sounding pretty damn nice. It reminds me of Spider-man (not the games, just like the cartoon or w/e) as in he is doing something (lets say chasing Shocker) and he sees somebody in help (woman in a flaming building) and he can either stop Shocker and let the woman possibly die (if firefighters come too late) or save the woman and possibly let Shocker escape. That is AWESOME....Ima be a bad guy :)

is it me or does that remind u of heroes??

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

I'll believe it when I see it. Spider-Man 2 was cool in that it offered things happening around you and you could decide if you wanted to, for example, save a little kid's balloon from flying away.

I'd be a little worried about the number of things that you can do and things getting a little repetitive.