By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII at E3 08 and demo?

Good news is though, Square Enix is appearing at E3 2008. This is looking like a good sign as the Expo returns to the Los Angeles Convention Centre. Last year when E3 was in shams, Square Enix choose to basically sit the entirety of E3 07 out, to the dismay of FF fans worldwide. As the Expo is returning to a singular location, and Square is confirmed to have a very large both to itself once again, and not to mention the drought in news, E3 2008 will almost certainly bring news on FF13 and hopefully Versus 13 as well.

Square Enix is planning on getting a demo out to the public, although not specifying any particular region. The demo is planned mainly to showcase the new and very different battle system of Final Fantasy 13. The theme of the first game is determination, something that has been translated well so far in Lightning's actions and expressions.

http://www.finalfantasyxiii.net/index.php?subaction=showcomments&id=1213030283&archive=&start_from=&ucat

Around the Network

Finally, we will find out what the battle system is like

I think we will start seeing some more news after MGS4 is released. It's time to give SE the hype spotlight.

I think the PS3 version of Last Remnant will be the one that has the demo.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

{squeals with delight n faints}

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
{squeals with delight n faints}
Move along people nothing to see here.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

lololololololol

@Final evanfelion

more like SONY told them to delay info so that hype wouldn't go from MGS4.....FF is much bigger

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Yep, that's what I think as well. I think that has alot to do with the silence from SE.

Killzone and Resistance has it's own hype path separate from MGS and FF. MGS4 and FF 13 probably share alot of the same fans.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

FinalEvangelion said:
Yep, that's what I think as well. I think that has alot to do with the silence from SE.

Killzone and Resistance has it's own hype path separate from MGS and FF. MGS4 and FF 13 probably share alot of the same fans.

I like both MGS and FF so that makes sense.

Soriku said:
I wouldn't be surprised. Nomura did say they were going to release a demo this year (though I think the demo might be released in Japan only... =/).

Just download it from the JP store.  It probably wouldn't have english, but it is better than nothing.

FinalEvangelion said:
I think we will start seeing some more news after MGS4 is released. It's time to give SE the hype spotlight.

I think the PS3 version of Last Remnant will be the one that has the demo.

I would love to buy a FFXIII demo and get Last Remnant for free!

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.