By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - best ATI crossfire motherboard

what is the best motherboard for ATI crossfire that can also support intel chips?

it doesn't have to support these chips, it can also support AMD, but i prefer Intel. 

Thanks

Around the Network

I think your options for crossfire boards if you're looking for intel might be somewhat limited. Usually:

Intel nvidia
AMD ATI

gives you the most options. You could probably find one if you really wanted to though. I'm planning on buying an nvidia AMD board.

yeah, i know. i mainly wanted an AT board, because they support DX 10.1, which gives a 30% increase in framerates, and also because of the upcoming Radeon HD 4xxx series

hm? There are plenty of X38 or X48 intel chipset motherboards that will support crossfire.
I'm not sure what specific motherboard is good but I hear they're more reliable than nVidia chipsets.

crappy old school NES games are more entertaining than next-gen games.

I vote ASUS P5K3 Deluxe. I find it a little odd that you would prefer an Intel CPU and an ATI video card, seeing as how AMD owns ATI. However, I certainly understand getting the best chip, manufacturer be damned.

Around the Network
chuckd said:
I vote ASUS P5K3 Deluxe. I find it a little odd that you would prefer an Intel CPU and an ATI video card, seeing as how AMD owns ATI. However, I certainly understand getting the best chip, manufacturer be damned.

I don't find that odd at all...what matters is getting the best performance...and it's been well accepted that Intel's better for processors, but it can be pick and choose with graphics cards, depending on prices mostly. And the new 4800 series do look promising and well-priced.

Shopping blindly under the Nvidia name or ATI name is what I find odd...other than trusting names for their quality.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:

Shopping blindly under the Nvidia name or ATI name is what I find odd...other than trusting names for their quality.

you'd be suprised how many 'PC enthusiats' root Green team/Red team as if its their local sports team.

But you're right...I always review benchmarks and decide on my own and have been very happy with my purchases both ATi and nVidia.

crappy old school NES games are more entertaining than next-gen games.