By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Final Fantasy IV DS

Final Fantasy IV comes out next month, anyone excited for this?

Haven't seen any talk on this.

Anyway, this is my favorite Final Fantasy, well, this and 5.

I can't wait, I'll be getting it launch day.

Anyone else getting it?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bKmuaU2WoKg

^Epic trailer-ness^ 

I own all of lastgen systems as of October 2008. (Finally got a Dreamcast)

I own every currentgen system except PS3.

Around the Network

I'm definitely getting it. FF III for the DS got me into the FF series!

Day 1 for me. FF addict :)

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Considering the difficultly has been increased. The characters have ben adjusted, there are new systems to use and new super bossess. How could I say no?

"To love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long you shall be resurrected from death in the church"

I'll be getting it as soon as it's released in Europe (sometime in summer).

Around the Network

I'm positive everyone's just got into the acceptance that DS = JRPG machine.

No one talks about it because that's just what it is, they talk about it afterwards like in the case of "The World Ends With You".

So many of them coming out this year - Wii isn't saved either, most of the game I'm getting this year are rpgs or sims, with the exception of Fatal Frame... this is the year of the Wii. (As in comparison the the DS, not PS360.)

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Day 1 for me as well. I've been playing DQIV on the DS for the past month and should be done with that game before FFIV is released here in the states. I have yet to play FFIV and am really looking forward to the updated version.

Proud Owner of all 3 current-gen systems

Currently Playing:
SSBB, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, MKWii, GTA IV (360), MGS4, DQIV, Jeanne d'Arc, FFVII: Crisis Core, Chrono Trigger (PSX)

Mario Kart FC: 4897-6731-4375
SSBB FC: 1504-5406-8515
Wii Friends Code: 1020-2726-1535-3964

XBL:
PhatLaosBoi
PSN: PhatLaosBoi

This is the main reason I bought a DS.

My favourite all time game!

Doesn't excite me in the slightest. I liked FFIV when I first played it, but like its entire genre, it hasn't aged well. I can't figure out why Japan, creative as its developers can be, insist on using gameplay and narrative techniques that were rendered outdated a decade ago by western RPGs.

And on top of that, it's a remake. It doesn't matter how much has been added or how polished it is; it's still basically the same thing I've already played on two consoles. Of course, it doesn't matter what I think. People will still buy it just because of name recognition, and further reinforce Square-Enix's mindset that new IPs can be thrown onto the back burner.

Hmmm, I'll probably get it just for the sake of getting it. I'm not crazy excited about it though, after beating the Playstation version and the GBA version, I'm not in a rush to play it for the DS^^ It does still look good though. 

In my opinion it seems like they're remaking it just a little too much, Are they gonna remake it for the Wii next? I mean sheesh :3

The Mother 3 Fan Translation is done! Everyone go get it right now! (Mother3.fobby.net)

Play Earthbound for the SNES ; ; Do it, it's awesome!

Proud participater of this year's Wii Secret Santa event! Hopefully you'll join the merriment next year!
Link below because I fail at embedding urls.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51169&page=1