By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who Should Not Buy a Wii - A Non-Buyer's Guide

You don't have any friends because you're a naked white dude. That scares people in Oakland. They automatically assume that you're a stray who wandered over from the other side of the bay.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
I would absolutely love to play Brawl with people... If I could trash talk them at the same time.

Trash talking is 95% of the fun in games like that. Same goes for MK. What's the point of playing if you can't yell "EAT RED SHELL, ASSHOLE!" to your friend in first place?

I rest my case.

Grampy said:
rocketpig said:
I would absolutely love to play Brawl with people... If I could trash talk them at the same time.

Trash talking is 95% of the fun in games like that. Same goes for MK. What's the point of playing if you can't yell "EAT RED SHELL, ASSHOLE!" to your friend in first place?

I rest my case.

Sigh... Yes, no options are always better than options.

God forbid that Nintendo give us voice chat and a mute button.

I think there's an old saying about babies and bath water that is very relevent to this post.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

The Ghost of RubangB said:
rocketpig said:

It's this new casual gaming invention designed by Nintendo, called "friends in real life." It works wonders.

ZAM!

Are we focusing our Chi now, zam?  Or did you mean zing, zam?

Options are good rocketpig, but to be fair... many parents are stupid (or at least technologically impaired) so options in that context don't mean much. 

rocketpig said:
rocketpig said:

It's this new casual gaming invention designed by Nintendo, called "friends in real life." It works wonders.

ZAM!

Listen here, Junior. Not all of us live next door to our friends.

Shit, we don't even play kickball 'til dusk anymore. 

I was just playing devil's advocate.  You think I still have friends?  The best I have is a weirdo roommate, but all he plays is Castlevania: Dracula X on SNES for 2 hours every single day, and a little Wii Fit here and there.

Wow, if you consider your roomate to be a weirdo he must be off the weirdo scale!!!

Around the Network

Well, I do apply to all of them except for #5. I guess I do like Mario and Zelda, especially Zelda.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Just to be clear, the OP was based on what I think Nintendo will do, this is my personal choices:

1) I don’t want to drive around Liberty City, but I’m glad there are choices like RE, Godfather, No More Heroes, and especially the visually exciting Mad World.

2) I don’t want “Wiibox Live” online play. I’d like to see the online element more aggressively developed and promoted the codes streamlined. I’m glad there is no chat since that’s why I quit playing online. A mute button is fine except my grandson would never use it and instead learn manners and language from Rocketpig.

3) I loathe the traditional hand controller, 20 years of that crap is enough. I much prefer motion control for every game I play. Those games that implement it really badly like COD, I just don’t play and if I wanted to, I’d go back to the PC.

4) I find the graphics look fine (component – AV Receiver –HDMI – Plasma)

5) I love Mario and Zelda and Peach and all the rest.

6) I think Wii Fit is the most exciting truly original thing to come to consoles in several generations.

7) I love the Wiimote and Nunchuk and now the balance board and anything else that comes along that brings you more into the game.

8) I don’t care if they label me a prune Danish unless they try to sell me products based on their own misconceptions.

9) I like getting off the couch and into the game although I’m sure there are those that manage not to. I have to wonder why they bother.

9) I do expect a solution to the memory issue because I love where WiiWare is going and I don’t want a lack of memory to get in my way.

Words Of Wisdom said:

Are we focusing our Chi now, zam?  Or did you mean zing, zam?

Options are good rocketpig, but to be fair... many parents are stupid (or at least technologically impaired) so options in that context don't mean much. 

I meant ZAM like in the ZING style, but both your links go to the same place!  Wammo!

Paul said:

Wow, if you consider your roomate to be a weirdo he must be off the weirdo scale!!!

Oh he's not off the weirdo scale per se... It's just that he pretends to be a big game fan, and I have at least a hundred multiplayer games here, and he'll only play this single player SNES Castlevania game every single day.  It freaks me out.  I got him to play Mario Kart Wii one time, but other than that, it's been a month straight of nothing but Castlevania and Wii Fit.