By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - COD5 :world at war is set in WWII,co-op and vehicle in MP

why the hell did they have to go back to WWII again?I liked Modern warfare damn it.

another COD3?

http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/06/09/cod5-has-co-op-vehicles-in-multiplayer-every-format-apart-from-psp/ 

P.S.   it will also be on the wii like COD3. 

Around the Network

Coming to Wii....COD5 sucks confirmed.

It's surprising, because Treyarch managed to get the COD4 engine working on the Wii. I'm curious how it'll look like.

PlayTM magazine also stats that Call of Duty 5 is set in the Pacific part of WWII.

I most likely will get the pc version if the game is good.

Around the Network

Ahh, another Treyarch CoD. Yep, I'm out.

I give this thread a 9.4.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

There goes 10 million sales out the window even if it is coming out on every system imaginable. I know my friends and I won't be getting it. Honestly WWII is completely played out.

Hm it's pacific? Maybe they good make it good. Probably not.

As long as, by coop, they mean 'split-screen' coop, and they make a good Wii version, I may look into it, as the Wii doesn't really have a good coop shooter outside of Umbrella Chronicles.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Let's get some actual details:

Call of Duty: World at War revealed, Treyarch to develop

It surprised precisely no one when Activision last month revealed plans for yet another game in the publisher's popular Call of Duty franchise, though until now details have been kept just beyond our line of sight. Now new scans lifted from the latest issue of the UK's Official Xbox Magazine have confirmed earlier rumors that the series' fifth installment, apparently dubbed Call of Duty: World at War, will be handled by developer Treyarch, and that the game's previously teased "new military theater" will again drop players behind enemy lines in a battle for the Pacific during World War II.

According to the article, Treyarch aims to "explore the darkest corners of WWII," giving the military shooter more of a survival horror flavor by "tackling darker themes" and pitting players against a "new, seemingly alien fighting force." Activision has yet to officially announce Call of Duty: World at War, though it seems clear that we'll be trading in our guided anti-tank missiles for submachine guns sooner than we'd like.

As long as they do a halfway decent job this time...

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs