By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yay! Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World Japan preorders at 150k!

From the japanese preliminary data BY the source: "Tales of Symphonia is likely the next Wii game that will debut at over 100,000 units (potentially up to 200,000)"

I hope it is.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network
Soriku said:
yushire said:
From the japanese preliminary data BY the source: "Tales of Symphonia is likely the next Wii game that will debut at over 100,000 units (potentially up to 200,000)"

I hope it is.

200k would be really great. ToS only sold 180k first week on tge GC. With better legs, DotNW should pass ToS sales easy. I bet this'll be the best-selling Tales of.

That would be crazy if it were, being a Tales spinoff and all. If that happened, Tale of Symphonia 2 would be right around the corner...

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Preorders dont really matter much anymore. I remember reading somewhere that NMH had over 150K preorders for the European release, but instead it sold terribly in that region.

http://ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=314508&page=9

it seems that The Source was wrong, because Sinobi and Neogaf state that RETAILERS pre-ordered 200K

meaning that 150k customer pre order is impossible...

still expecting aroung 120k on 1st week

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

Soriku said:
XiaoMay said:
http://ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=314508&page=9

it seems that The Source was wrong, because Sinobi and Neogaf state that RETAILERS pre-ordered 200K

meaning that 150k customer pre order is impossible...

still expecting aroung 120k on 1st week

Umm...no. TheSouce said that 2 weeks ago. Preorders must have increased 50k in 2 weeks. But I think TheSource meant consumer preorders while Sinobi says retailers...

yes

and I dont see how customers pre-orders could have been 150k 2 weeks ago if retailers preorders are only 200k today

it only means this 150k was retailers number... logical

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

Around the Network

We will see if these predictions will be true on late thursday/friday. My predictions are locked on 196,000 first week.

I love fighting games !!! Come on challenge me !

Just to fuel the hype here: From The Source himself on japan preview:

"Next week will be interesting for Wii software, as the release of Tales of Symphonia on Gamecube accompanied a rather large hardware boost . Given the size of the Wii user base a ~220,000 debut for Tales of Symphonia 2 seems likely next week, which could boost Wii hardware to 55,000 or 60,000 units. For this week, expect Wii hardware sales to be in the 40,000 to 50,000 unit range."

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

yushire said:

"Next week will be interesting for Wii software, as the release of Tales of Symphonia on Gamecube accompanied a rather large hardware boost . Given the size of the Wii user base a ~220,000 debut for Tales of Symphonia 2 seems likely next week, which could boost Wii hardware to 55,000 or 60,000 units. For this week, expect Wii hardware sales to be in the 40,000 to 50,000 unit range."

I just saw that too. I would happily eat crow if proven wrong since this game franchise deserves the sells.

I love fighting games !!! Come on challenge me !

yushire said:

Like I said, We could see this outselling MGS4 this week if it does pull of those numbers.

Will be interesting to see if this can beat TOS sales. It seems like it has the potential to do it. Should beat the original in japan, but i'm not sure about America or the others regions.

PSN- williwod

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people- Mr Garrison