By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How is Microsoft/Sony going to respond to the astounding Wii sales?

siriguillo said:

@TheBigFatJ

now that makes sense, good points too. the ipod is another mystery to me, i cant get it for less than 700 here.

P.S. forgot to say that to me the xbox is the most expensive investment since there is no warranty here and it has a 33% failure rate :S

I would pick between 5-8% for a falcon and 3-4% on the Jasper actually.

Tease.

Around the Network
MattAAron said:
I think only 1 thing matters: Price.

Each console has their own unique benefit, but I think price is the biggest factor in getting the most console sales

But of course if PS3/360's price were lowered to compete with the Wii, then the Wii's price would get lower too

But we wont see the PS3/360 competing with the price of the Wii ever, because this would mean MS/Sony would lose heaps of money which wouldn't be worth it

Edit: In a hypothetical situation, if you were to take all 3 console, make them all absolutly free, I'm pretty confident the Wii would be last. Obviously they would never be free, but just trying to stretch out my analogy of why I think price is the biggest factor, yet price is something that we won't ever see (atleast enough to have an huge impact on the Wii)

Yes price is a factor but that is something Nintendo took into account when creating Wii (which is why it is not HD), is something Microsoft possibly did not take into account fully and something Sony took into account but were so arrogant that they thought they would destroy the other consoles in sales no matter the price of PS3.  All consoles are now reaping the consequences of their attitude to pricing. 

Bear in mind that if 360 and PS3 were the same price as Wii they won't have had all the high tech additions which I am pretty sure is your reason for saying that if all three were free Wii would be last.  With 360 and PS3 having nothing to offer over last gen and Wii having an amazing new controller the other consoles would probably have been lagging behind (360 certainly would at least, PS3 might have matched sales of Wii due to the Playstation brand name).  If on the other hand Wii was the same price as PS3 it would have been HD and had HD DVD player built in.  There's no way of telling who would have sold more but it could very well have been Wii as it offered something PS3 didn't.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Are we forgeting that first is only for bragging rights? Also that profitiblity is king well except for M$ but if we look back to last gen GCN won in terms of greatest individual profitibility and was last in sales.

"Like you know"

GlingGling said:
Release WoW for X360, done. Might be too late now though.

They'd have to find a way to simplify the interface.  The WoW interface can be very complex, at the highest levels, even by PC standards.  Honestly, a pointing device like the Wiimote would be extremely helpful.

GlingGling said:
Release WoW for X360, done. Might be too late now though.

Not going to help, you think those 15 million WoW players are gonna waste $50 for a console version instead of almost four months of more subscription time? Ain't gonna happen.

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles fan for life. <3